gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone done a rebuild of their Brembo caliper seals? If so, what are the piston seal sizes needed?
Sponsored

J7S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow Mach 1
Brembo Rebuild

I just purchased a set of the Brembo's to put on my base gt. Pulled all the seals and pistons out so that I could send them to be powder coated. I work at a dealer and my parts department said they weren't available from ford. The guy who helped me take them apart up here found (fingers crossed) them on Rock Auto.
I should get them sometime next week, so I will compare them to the old seals and dust boots. Attached the part numbers for the seal kit and pistons just in case they are the correct ones. :cheers:

Attachments

OP
OP
gtorpedo

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Now that you have all the seals out are each of the piston seals the same diameter? If you could measure these that would be a good starting point. Girodisc sells the Brembo caliper rebuild kits, just need to know which size.

J7S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow Mach 1
Yes, all seals are the same size, all dust boots are the same size, and the Pistons all measure 36mm. Sorry for the late response, had to get an electronic caliper tool.

OP
OP
gtorpedo

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
gtorpedo

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lets us know if they work. I am not convinced that they take Brembo parts.
Not sure what makes you doubt they are not a Brembo part, the factory dust boot has "Brembo 20487244" on the face of it. Tried to search this part number and it is indeed available from many sources for about $8/each.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Not sure what makes you doubt they are not a Brembo part, the factory dust boot has "Brembo 20487244" on the face of it. Tried to search this part number and it is indeed available from many sources for about $8/each.
That is great news! The calipers are made by Continental, so that is why I wasn't sure that there would be Brembo rebuild parts. I have them on my car and was not looking forward rebuild day!

Thanks.

OP
OP
gtorpedo

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is great news! The calipers are made by Continental, so that is why I wasn't sure that there would be Brembo rebuild parts. I have them on my car and was not looking forward rebuild day!

Thanks.
Happy to help, although these are for the Brembo performance pack calipers specifically. Were you looking for a replacement for the 4 piston base GT calipers?

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Happy to help, although these are for the Brembo performance pack calipers specifically. Were you looking for a replacement for the 4 piston base GT calipers?
No, I have the Brembo's on my car. I could not get them on the CS, so I bought drilled and slotted rotors and the Brembo branded calipers, then installed them. Took about a hour and 40 minutes. Easy to do when the car has 100 or so miles on it.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Did you get those deals in yet? If so are they the correct ones?

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Thanks! Easy getting the seals in? I remember it was a big pain on my S2000 but that had tiny 1 piston brakes.

OP
OP
gtorpedo

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Easy getting the seals in? I remember it was a big pain on my S2000 but that had tiny 1 piston brakes.
It was my first time doing a caliper rebuild and after watching a few videos on the process and actually attempting this, it was pretty straightforward. No issues getting these in at all.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I installed these a few days ago, worked perfectly. 36mm for all six pistons.
Just ordered these from Girodisc - thanks for the size confirmation because they weren't sure if it was all one, or three different sizes.
Sponsored