Sponsored

Taillights - Bad Design?

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Chaz(can I call you Chaz?), you are amazing!
All my friends do.

I saw those photos earlier, but figured someone would take a video of them during the reveal or it would be in an official video. Since Let me Ride found the pix I saw, I went for it.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

Sponsored

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
I know nobody asked, I figure it was implied. Guessing on the timing.
Hey Chaz, we must have been thinking the same thing. I did these earlier today. It was hard to get the timing right, I just watched a 2013 video over and over. :thumbsup:
sequential-nightGIF-final.gif

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
Nice work sequencing those.

They are in fact LED tails! @ 5:50 Per Moray Callum - Ford - Executive Design Director

[ame]

And the LED fins up front are officially called Gills.

LED, yay, I can sleep now :-)

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Funny how local gov't regulations have decided that us drivers over here are too stupid to understand those sequential blinking lights mean the car is about to turn!

I'm horrified that the the tribars will be split up with tiny indicator lights and reverse lights like what they seem to have done for the 2005-2012 (?) in Europe... (haven't seen any road legal 13-14's)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I'm horrified that the the tribars will be split up with tiny indicator lights and reverse lights like what they seem to have done for the 2005-2012 (?) in Europe... (haven't seen any road legal 13-14's)
No worries, I'm sure they found a clever way to make the tribars produce amber light as well. For the US market they already do red and white, so it shouldn't be an issue to get other colors out of them as well.

It would suck if they remove the sequencing though. I'm sure that if there is even one country in Europe where sequencing is against regulations we will all get that feature deleted since it will never pass the bean counters to do more than 2 different light assemblies.

But if they f&*#^^k them up too much then getting a set of US spec lights in will be my first mod :D

Oh wait make that my second mod, after painting that hideous body color diffuser insert.

Sponsored

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
The only angle in which the diffuser looks wrong to me is from a rear worms eye view. Otherwise I'm now totally on board with it.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Oh wait make that my second mod, after painting that hideous body color diffuser insert.
I don't get the hate for the two tone there. To me, there's too many elevation changes to leave it the body color. There needs to be something else there to break it all up or do the body color and just smooth it out.

To be, it would be like painting the side splitters and chin spoiler the body color as well. It's just too different from the car to keep the same color.

Obviously looks are subjective, but that's just my 2 cents.

Clearman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
1991 Explorer
This isn't specifically a "tail light" topic, but it seems stupid to create a new thread for it.

I am on the hunt for the elusive "reverse light" picture or video of the S550, but it doesn't seem to exist! Does anyone have a picture or video or link to this? :shrug:

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
This isn't specifically a "tail light" topic, but it seems stupid to create a new thread for it.

I am on the hunt for the elusive "reverse light" picture or video of the S550, but it doesn't seem to exist! Does anyone have a picture or video or link to this? :shrug:
Do you mean this?