GT40 Taillights

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
I threw the Morimotos on my 2020 Magnetic HPP. I figured for $200 and being brand knew I'd give them a shot. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Screenshot_20211129-130801_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20211130-142240_Drive.jpg

Sponsored

roger1981

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
roger
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang pp whipple
I like them on a darker colored s550 like dark grey or black. On the lighter colors they just stand out to much. Probally look good with the gt350r wing.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I mean why not? There are plenty of people putting GT500 knock-off bumpers and hoods on their GTs and headlights that copy the Dodge Charger…maybe someone should make Escalade tail lights for us too 🤣🤣🤣

Keep your eyes open next to show up. A string of LEDs across the underside of the rear defuser, with turn signal.

Some waste a load of dough to make the car look a matchbox knock off.

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Yay or Nay. It's a nay for me but to each his own.

S550-Mustang-With-Ford-GT-Style-Taillights-Exterior-001-Rear-Three-Quarters.jpeg
I think it really depends on how they are presented as I had issues with it's side angle profile view and the bright red LED's. I ended up buying the Nightshade tint spray "3 coats Knightshade and 3 coats clear" and it looks much better on my black S550. I've also changed my rear diffuser to a fuller body that wraps around to the side fenders "Pic 1" but even with these old RTR diffuser pic 2 it doesn't look so bad because when you're driving it's completely smoked out and the red is gone! I truly think these lights look much better with the GT350 spoiler with wicker bill compared to the new GT500 spoiler with wicker setup I now have but still get many compliments on the new setup in pic 1 on a daily! Pic 2 is red because I was remotely unlocking the car to just show you how red it will be after 3 coats of the nightshade which stays completely black when you're driving...

Glass Door.jpg
Morimoto 4.jpg

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
The tri bar tail lights are part of what make a mustang a mustang....

You aren't supposed to remove iconic details

2109845_ebfeut173o_whr.jpg

Peugeot. Now I no longer get excited when I once in a while see pretty tri-bar lights in the distance. 19 out of 20 times, and increasing, it will just be one of these ugly French abominations.

rams1919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
While I may go euro spec with the clears, I dont think I could swap from the tri bar... it hurts my soul.

Sponsored

66GT350PS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2011 Shelby GT350, 1966 Shelby GT350
Aren't you supposed to to run the exhaust through the center of the lights, for proper imitation?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
8f91c972caae6660697461e0ebabbfd9.jpg

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Just awful.

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Aren't you supposed to to run the exhaust through the center of the lights, for proper imitation?
Why is a French Maréchal des logis speaking German?

Anyway, I like the smoked round lights on dark colored coupes. Other than that, They look out of place to me, especially the red version.
Why is a French Maréchal des logis speaking German?

Anyway, I like the smoked round lights on dark colored coupes. Other than that, They look out of place to me, especially the red version.
Smoking them does change the look of the Morimoto lights and it makes them blend in with the rear trunk lid much better than having them red. I live in Canada and when I first got them I was in a major panic because I also couldn't stand the look of the super bright red finish they came in and figured the rest of my car was already blacked out and why not complete the look, plus having to send them back would be costly! I still have my stock tri-bar lights and change them back every couple of months and TBH I do notice the old gen guys they'll drive their car stock "boring 4 me" but to each their own and I get bored very easily so just having fun changing up the look once every couple of months! I might go back to my GT350 spoiler with the wicker bill and not a big fan of the new GT500 spoiler I now have but again I changed it because I got bored! :-0 lol

Diffuser July 10 2021.jpg
Sponsored