Sponsored

Opinions on taillights?

DJ

^^To each his own I guess.

I think the 13-14 tails look decent at night but during the day they just don't stand out like I want and like they do on the 05-09's.

I'd much rather it be all red and show well when not in use, not a fan of the blacked out look. This is pretty close to what I'm hoping for....

Sponsored

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert
I also love the rear lights of the 2013-14... and I'm an owner of a 2008 who doesn't like the lights from 2010-12

J.Darcy

These 2015 taillights are gonna be like nothing else on any other car out there. Can't wait!

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
No offense to chaz or anyone but i must be in the minority. I really dislike the tail light design in the renders. Just personal preference. Hopefully I will like the finished product better after seeing the real thing in person.

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
No offense to chaz or anyone but i must be in the minority. I really dislike the tail light design in the renders. Just personal preference. Hopefully I will like the finished product better after seeing the real thing in person.
You are not alone on that. I too am not a huge fan of the "stick my hand in them" tail lights. They look like an absolute PITA to keep clean. I think a mix between the 2013-2014 and the 05-09 lights would be about perfect in my eyes, maybe even with distinct separations but the louvered tail lights just don't strike a chord with me. I love the rest of the renders and if it looked like either I'm sure I could get over the tail lights long enough for Raxiom or some other company to produce better ones! :)

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
On a somewhat related note, Raxiom has just released their 13/14 clone tail lights for the 05-09 Mustangs.

I'm guessing they'll have options for the new car as well.
Sponsored