Opinions on taillights?

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
So I was just curious and thought it might be a fun point for discussion, what was everyone's opinion on the '13/'14 taillights? Did you like the design and black out treatment?

I for one loved the look, thought it was pretty unique, and really enjoyed how they were blacked out from the factory.

Now to relate this to the '15, we don't know for sure exactly what the taillights will look like, but we have a decent idea due to the recent renders.

I know they're expected to be spectacular and amazing as far as taillights go, but it seems like they're going back to red already. Does anyone else wish they were going to keep the blacked-out style but maybe with the new design?

Or am I crazy and does everyone else like the classic red look? I know we can do the blackout stuff on our own, but I doubt it'll ever look as polished and professional as it did on the '13/'14 when it was manufactured that way.

Anyways, I can't wait till we have a real look at the whole tail end of the S550, and especially the taillights.
Sponsored

crazyfastfreddy

i love the tails on the 13/14's... the 15's have a lot to live up to. i think it'll be hard to top but so far i do like chaz's render of it. it's got potential but is one of those things that you just gotta see in person to appreciate.

Maestro5.0

Both renders are all-red but chazcron's takes the cake for me.

The flatter taillights of the C&D render give it a '10-12 look to me. Chaz's did as well before he modeled it and gave it that 3 dimensional look I had pictured after months of reading that description.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I love the rear end of the '13/'14... and I'd be okay with those evolving. The "rumoured" '15s are very much "in the air" for me though the above Chaz' render looks good. I think thePill posted a variant of the '13/'14 being used for the SHELBY cars which seemed more "deepset" than the regular versions - those would also be great in my book :)

DIB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger
I like the red on better as they are not as deep and resemble the raised ones of the '69.
But would like the bumper to be straight across and not turn up on the ends.

Sponsored

pvc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6, 2014 Focus ST
I love the 13/14 tail lights. The progressive signal is really cool in my opinion.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I think the blackout 13/14 lights look decent, but judging on the renders I've seen I like the direction they're going with the 2015. Looks a bit more simple and elegant, and a bit less boy racer-ish.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
I think the blackout 13/14 lights look decent, but judging on the renders I've seen I like the direction they're going with the 2015. Looks a bit more simple and elegant, and a bit less boy racer-ish.
I disagree. These look like the 2011-12' design which look bad imo, the 13-14's look more elegant and stylish.

MYs197

I disagree. These look like the 2011-12' design which look bad imo, the 13-14's look more elegant and stylish.
Disagree. Chaz's lights look nothing like the 10-12 lights or for that matter any taillights the Mustang has ever seen. Compare the different styles, all unique.

Neither do the C&D ones for that matter although if either of them do it's that one...but like someone else said the C&D ones look similar to the '69 rear lights.

Sponsored

Vickstang

Current tail lights are one of the most distinctive and unique headlights on the road. And from chazcron's renders I'm loving how they've evolved it to something even more unique and dynamic with that 3D look.

Also hope it still has the sequential lighting sequence.

Black GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT BBP 6R80
Current tail lights are one of the most distinctive and unique headlights on the road. And from chazcron's renders I'm loving how they've evolved it to something even more unique and dynamic with that 3D look.

Also hope it still has the sequential lighting sequence.
That's standard now. I don't think Ford will charge us extra for it.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
To each their own, but I can't really see much similarity between the tail lights in these renders and those on the 11-12 models. Those tail lights were one solid piece while the ones in the renders are three distinct lights separated by significant space.

OP
OP
Justin

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
To each their own, but I can't really see much similarity between the tail lights in these renders and those on the 11-12 models. Those tail lights were one solid piece while the ones in the renders are three distinct lights separated by significant space.
I think what he meant was the '10-'12's look similar only because of the white stripes that are vertical, making it look like a lot of vertical lines similar to his renders. While it's obvious that they aren't the same, I can see the similarity. Another part of the question was not only do you like the evolution, but do you prefer the red or the black like currently?

Not sold on the new taillights until I get to see a more...real version. But ideally for me i'd like to see them progress into something awesome, but still be blacked out like the current ones. Where you can tell they were built that way and are high quality, and not just tinted over red tail lights :/ glad to hear i'm not the only one who LOVES the current lights.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
The 13 tails are the reason we didn't buy a 12. I love the 13/14s!

I dont like the rendered lights but hope the go with that style. That will make our 13 that much more attractive.

Funny how something as simple as tail light design is enough to sway a decision to purchase.
Sponsored