SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I'm speaking specifically about the Recaro bezel. Not the heated and cooled seat bezel.Those are a dime a dozen. I usually sell them for $115-125. You aren't going to find a recaro bezel in a salvage yard any time soon.
Those are the 3 button ones correct? I need one for the swap. I'm also reading through the thread so I will come back with questions.
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Those are the 3 button ones correct? I need one for the swap. I'm also reading through the thread so I will come back with questions.
Do you mean three buttons instead of four toggles? No, all premium bezels have toggles regardless of whether the car has Recaros or not.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Buttons/Toggles whichever man, for the purpose it does the same thing. I had to go look it up, but it is four toggles instead of three as I was thinking. The difference being the hvac controls for non-heated/cooled vs heated/cooled. I'm not familiar enough with this so I am learning as I go. But as far as I know I would need the recaro bezel as I have a v6.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Buttons/Toggles whichever man, for the purpose it does the same thing. I had to go look it up, but it is four toggles instead of three as I was thinking. The difference being the hvac controls for non-heated/cooled vs heated/cooled. I'm not familiar enough with this so I am learning as I go. But as far as I know I would need the recaro bezel as I have a v6.
Again, you don't "need" one bezel or another. You just need to make sure it's not a GT350 bezel. I had a premium bezel with the heated/cooled seat buttons on my base GT and guess what... the buttons lit up when you pressed them and did exactly nothing else. Car didn't even catch fire. Was pretty funny to see people turn the buttons on and watch the placebo effect in action, though.

The difference in the HVAC controls is that the premium has automatic climate control (you set a thermostat to a temperature) rather than the manual controls in the base.

And the toggles are a good thing. There are four instead of three. The extra toggle controls drive modes, which you can enable on your base car with FORScan.

teepee542

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 V6, 2016 V6
You do realize that having the seat buttons won't have any adverse effect in the same way that having the dual zone controls (your car will not be dual zone after the swap) won't have any adverse effect?
I do realize that. my reasons are more for aesthetics and having people ask about buttons that don't do anything. the heated and cooled seat buttons are more obvious than the dual zone so I prefer the look of the Recaro

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I read/saw that the gt350 didn't work. I'm being picky with the bezel aesthetic. But I did see that the recaro bezel is over $400 new. In the end I might just end up using the premium bezel because of price, I'll be cheap where I can be.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
$400? Mike had them $353. Most Recaro cars are snapped up by places like Parts Farm or Midway Mustang because of the seats.

I had a premium bezel with the heated/cooled seat buttons on my base GT and guess what... the buttons lit up when you pressed them and did exactly nothing else. Car didn't even catch fire.
Liar! That thing burned to the ground and you bought that 350 with the insurance check

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I have a question. Is there a way to figure out where the screen and apim came from? I bought them months ago from another user here but he closed the thread and I can't find it anymore. I am pretty sure they are from a focus from what I remember.

o7low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yes, you must use FORScan. There are several things that must be changed.
ok thank you sir, I have both AsBuilt files ( donor and mine ) and am looking at the As-Built compare program. where it shows both builds side by side. I see all the differences but I was wondering how do I know which ones I need to change once I connect to the car. The APIM and the ACM have been changed, IT has the factory NAV and Sirrus ( although I am not using the sirrus, and didn't buy and antenna for that) Is there a basic list of the specific changes to make? Would a new As-Built file be easier to build in windows and upload or modify the one that's already in the car if there isn't a lot of changes?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
ok thank you sir, I have both AsBuilt files ( donor and mine ) and am looking at the As-Built compare program. where it shows both builds side by side. I see all the differences but I was wondering how do I know which ones I need to change once I connect to the car. The APIM and the ACM have been changed, IT has the factory NAV and Sirrus ( although I am not using the sirrus, and didn't buy and antenna for that) Is there a basic list of the specific changes to make? Would a new As-Built file be easier to build in windows and upload or modify the one that's already in the car if there isn't a lot of changes?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sync-3-swap-its-all-in-here.82973/page-46#post-2181378

o7low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Well still not sure what to change...considering it all seems to work... are there certain things that HAVE to change that run in the back ground or something? I guess I'm missing the details of the Forscan. I understand you can change a lot of things with it, but don't see any thing not working in the car...? sooo what do I have to change?
I linked the instructions as best we currently have them, if you don't want to follow them I'm not going to break it down. It's been broken down ad nauseam.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
@o7low Greg, your a harness customer.. you get that Info in a spreadsheet as part of your purchase. It’s still in beta form but will help you. pM me, I’ll ask a few questions and reply with the exact data.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I have a question. Is there a way to figure out where the screen and apim came from? I bought them months ago from another user here but he closed the thread and I can't find it anymore. I am pretty sure they are from a focus from what I remember.
Yes, sort of. The as built you access with FORScan will usually tell.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.