Sync 3 Swap Issues

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
87 Grand Marquis, 02 gt, 07 gt, 17 gt
I just swapped to sync 3 from base sync and have some issues. The voice prompt when hitting the sync button doesn’t work but it’ll still take commands. Also when I call someone the audio doesn’t work. When I cancel sync it’ll go back to the radio but there’s no sound. I can mess with the volume but it says voice volume or something. Navigation is enabled but it doesn’t find me, it thinks I’m somewhere else and doesn’t move. Also the compass switched from the direction I’m going to the opposite direction. And it displays a message that the usb isn’t supported. Sorry for the gibberish post but I’m in a hurry to post this.
Sponsored

OP
OP

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Anyone?

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
OP
OP

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
I bought the kit on ebay and the harness from another vendor. I don’t think it’s the harness but I did have to custom route some stuff. Abs I’ve gone through that thread but can’t find anything relevant.

And for programming yeah I’m having an issue where Forscan won’t detect all the modules. It does detect the apim but there’s nothing to modify as far as I’ve read. Am I missing something? I’m going to be getting a replacement harness but damn I don’t want to take the dash apart again lol. Literally everything else works flawlessly it’s just the Bluetooth and phone calls no sound and no sync voice. And the compass but I think it just needs to be calibrated. Everything else seems to have fixed itself.

OP
OP

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
I got another dongle with a hs ms can switch and now it finds all the modules. I changed a line in the apim on the advice of another thread. It didn’t work so I bought another harness from a different seller. It had the same issue where the harness to the bezel won’t seat all the way and doesn’t work so I bypassed that one but plugged in all the others. It’s working now as it should. I’m thinking it was the harness.

To anyone who wants to buy a cheap plug and play harness off eBay buyer beware they are trash.
Sponsored