SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
[MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] I was kind of looking for your input here when you have time.

Did you stick with the base ACM or upgrade? I don't have any idea what needs to change in the as-built with a non-base ACM. I think that's mostly what's missing to complete this picture and get it into a digestable format for people doing swaps.
I have a sirius/HD ACM going into a base car so I'll probably need this info. Hopefully I'll have the last cable next week so I can get to work on this.

Canoman

Lurker (mostly)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP 400A
Vehicle Showcase
I have a sirius/HD ACM going into a base car so I'll probably need this info. Hopefully I'll have the last cable next week so I can get to work on this.
Am I reading this right that you can have Sirius AND HDRadio at the same time? For some reason, I thought it was an either/or thing.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'm just curious - you guys that have had various GPS or compass issues, have you tried messing with this? From the F150 spreadsheet (which is very detailed in many areas and a must-read):

7D0-03-01 x*xx xxxx xxxx
GPS Mount Type: 0=Roof Mount, 1=IP Mount (no heated windshield), 2=IP Mount (heated windshield), 3=Windshield (non-heated), 4=Windshield (heated)
I tried it, didn't work. It wasn't until I mounted my antenna to the factory GPS bracket that it worked. As I posted earlier my antenna is from a Race Logic Video Vbox. A very high end datalogging and telematics system used on IMSA and FIA race cars. The GPS antenna most people use was suggested because of the success that people in Zack's original MFT swap thread had. If there is something better I will gladly test it out. I'm installing a NAV APIM in my car soon so I can try it out.

@HextallS550 I was kind of looking for your input here when you have time.

Did you stick with the base ACM or upgrade? I don't have any idea what needs to change in the as-built with a non-base ACM. I think that's mostly what's missing to complete this picture and get it into a digestable format for people doing swaps.
I looked in my notes, my ACM is from a 2015 EB 201A Car; Sirius and HD. Things I changed:
-Gen 1 to Gen2 APIM
-EQ to '0'
-Line level output (pre-amp) to speaker level output (internal amp)
-turned off center channel processing logic

Am I reading this right that you can have Sirius AND HDRadio at the same time? For some reason, I thought it was an either/or thing.
201A/401A Cars have both. It's a different ACM not just as built changes. But yes, I have an ACM from a 201A car that does both.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
[MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] things I want to test after I finish my Whipple install:

1. I have 3 of the 6 ACM versions, I want to mess around with the processing related to enhanced engine noise.
2. If the jackass at The Parts Farm would answer his phone I would have had the two different premium amplifiers here to test and see why people have had issues using a 200A/400A ACM with a 201A/401A DSP/Amp. I'm going to source them from somewhere else.
3. Work on climate controlled seats, I need a volunteer for this because I'm ditching the cloth for FP Recaros. But I get PMs about this all the time.
4. Magneride....

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I looked in my notes, my ACM is from a 2015 EB 201A Car; Sirius and HD. Things I changed:
-Gen 1 to Gen2 APIM
-EQ to '0'
-Line level output (pre-amp) to speaker level output (internal amp)
-turned off center channel processing logic
May i ask why you switched from line-level to speaker level output?
I have an aftermarket stereo system installed and usually it's the other way around when coding, i.e. you usually want a line-level output?
Sadly the SYNC3 swap is really expensive here in germany, otherwise i would have it on my list for mods. :(

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] things I want to test after I finish my Whipple install:

1. I have 3 of the 6 ACM versions, I want to mess around with the processing related to enhanced engine noise.
2. If the jackass at The Parts Farm would answer his phone I would have had the two different premium amplifiers here to test and see why people have had issues using a 200A/400A ACM with a 201A/401A DSP/Amp. I'm going to source them from somewhere else.
3. Work on climate controlled seats, I need a volunteer for this because I'm ditching the cloth for FP Recaros. But I get PMs about this all the time.
4. Magneride....
If I can find a set of heated/cooled seats that arent ridiculously expensive I'll help out with that.

Sponsored

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wooo my "A" cable shipped today! Hopefully USPS delivers by the this weekend so I can get it installed

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
^just got my shipping notice too!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.