SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Did you ever remove Sirius? I was able to but I need to confirm that all Sync voice commands are working
Yeah it worked to remove Sirius, but I ran into issues with certain TTS items not working. Like when I'd ask Sync 3 to read the name of the current track when playing an MP3 off a thumb drive. That was broken.

I put it back the way it was and I have Sirius as a source now, I just ignore it.
Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
You can rearrange the icons on Sync 3 so just hide the sirius option.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Hah, I actually have no idea how to do that. And the car is in winter jail right now.
Me neither but I would like to. ;)

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I'm happy to report that the ACM 727-01-01 Xxxx xxxx setting was the root of the problem for my phone issues. This setting was telling the ACM that a Gen 1 APIM was present, but when I changed the D to a 9 (from the F150 AsBuilt spreadsheet), this changes it to Gen 2, and thus all phone functionality is working properly now. [MENTION]Spart [/MENTION]found this also in his trials, so thanks to him for posting his info also.

And of course, thanks to [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] for birddogging this whole project. :thumbsup::hail:

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
So if I want to add HD radio to my 400a system I just need to swap out the ACM.
Will I be able to retain my 5 years or whatever of travel-link or will that go away due to a new Sat radio ID?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
So if I want to add HD radio to my 400a system I just need to swap out the ACM.
Will I be able to retain my 5 years or whatever of travel-link or will that go away due to a new Sat radio ID?
I would think it would be as simple as calling Sirius and having them transfer it over to the new radio ID. Just say it was replaced under warranty if they ask.

PS I think you can even login to your account online and move it over.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi

thanks to this thread i've managed to update my UK spec MFT to Sync3. everything appears to work great apart from nav which has a weird fault.

I get a navigation fault error almost every time on startup.
To fix, i simply have to open and close the door and it instantly works.

see vid
https://www.youtube.com/embed/EsjkwO3autQ

I haven't connected the new USB hub yet as it's still on it's way from the states. And i am going to remove the old MFT2 hub tomorrow in case that's related, although would seem unlikely.

I also haven't entered the debug mode to see if it's picking up any satellites yet, but it's bloody cold outside so will wait til the morning.

the door shutting is obviously causing some sort of reload/rescan on the APIM.

any ideas/suggestions? i don't know of anyone else in UK who's done this yet to ask :(

thanks!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Remove the hub. Its caused other people issues. You will also need to check the as built in the APIM and see what it has for values.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Remove the hub. Its caused other people issues. You will also need to check the as built in the APIM and see what it has for values.
Hi, i've removed the hub this morning and the usb message is gone now (i knew i had to do that but didn't have my trim tool with me at the time), but the nav is still temperamental.

If i enter the diagnostic mode by holding the 2 buttons, this also seems to trigger the nav to work because all the signals are great. and when i come out it's working again.

satsignal.png

I took the forscan codes from the asbuilt data from a 2017 GT custom pack, luckily our UK cars had VERY few options to choose from, so options wise it'll be identical.

could it be the fakra GPS aerial? such a cheap price so could well be naff? some sort of delay in it powering up and picking up signal and it's not ready in time for the boot up? opening and shutting the doors just kinda gives sync a nudge to check again maybe?

might an OEM aerial make a difference? It's mounted just under the plastic next to the centre speaker. fwiw it did this before i put the plastic back over it.

thanks

Last edited:

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm just curious - you guys that have had various GPS or compass issues, have you tried messing with this? From the F150 spreadsheet (which is very detailed in many areas and a must-read):

7D0-03-01 x*xx xxxx xxxx
GPS Mount Type: 0=Roof Mount, 1=IP Mount (no heated windshield), 2=IP Mount (heated windshield), 3=Windshield (non-heated), 4=Windshield (heated)

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Do you think what I have there in my post is a good basis for a spreadsheet or website that automagically creates an AB file for your APIM?

[MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] I was kind of looking for your input here when you have time.

Did you stick with the base ACM or upgrade? I don't have any idea what needs to change in the as-built with a non-base ACM. I think that's mostly what's missing to complete this picture and get it into a digestable format for people doing swaps.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm just curious - you guys that have had various GPS or compass issues, have you tried messing with this? From the F150 spreadsheet (which is very detailed in many areas and a must-read):

7D0-03-01 x*xx xxxx xxxx
GPS Mount Type: 0=Roof Mount, 1=IP Mount (no heated windshield), 2=IP Mount (heated windshield), 3=Windshield (non-heated), 4=Windshield (heated)
No! Will try that tonight, makes a little sense it could b looking for the roof fin which i dont have.

What is the IP mount?

Thanks
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.