Not open for further replies.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Doing a bit more research to confirm but I believe the wiring guide needs to be updated... Pins 16 and 17 are no longer used for sync 3 and thus no need to pull pins from the GPSM connector. SAT radio also looks to be the same between base and premium models. All that’s needed is the additional two pins called out and the sync mic (pins 5 and 6 to 12 and 13). So a total of 6 pins need to be moved and the media hub powered in order to make a functional install.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2panther

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a base model and looking at doing this swap. How do I purchase the Hextall harness?

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
I installed my Sync3 radio (off a 17 Fusion) and it literally worked right away. I had to use FORScan to update the Mustang logo and to add heated/cooled seats to the climate section.

Everything else seems to work flawlessly. Is there anything in particular I should check and make sure that got transferred? Not sure if I am missing anything.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I installed my Sync3 radio (off a 17 Fusion) and it literally worked right away. I had to use FORScan to update the Mustang logo and to add heated/cooled seats to the climate section.

Everything else seems to work flawlessly. Is there anything in particular I should check and make sure that got transferred? Not sure if I am missing anything.
I would reset the APIM as-built to a Mustang as similar to yours as possible: http://media.4rev4.com/s550-as-built-library/

Then fine-tune for your options with the info here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2166820&postcount=849

Did the Fusion brackets work in your car, or did you re-use your MFT brackets?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Harness built! Very time consuming and probably would have been much easier to just move pins but at least with this you can easily return to stock. Going to verify pin out and make sure I have good connections before I wrap it in fabric tape but the hard part is done!
712CA872-DCB6-47C7-80DE-E800682EE2B2.jpeg

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I would reset the APIM as-built to a Mustang as similar to yours as possible: http://media.4rev4.com/s550-as-built-library/

Then fine-tune for your options with the info here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2166820&postcount=849

Did the Fusion brackets work in your car, or did you re-use your MFT brackets?
So according to that I don't have to find a Nav screen and APIM that has Shaker Pro, RPA, navigation etc?

Just make sure it has Snyc 3 and add the rest with Forscan?

Also, so one out of a F-150 work too?

Thanks

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Another thing the As built sheet.

I don't see one like mine.
I have a 2015 Auto, 401A, 3.55s, Nav, RSS, AdapCruise and ESP.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So according to that I don't have to find a Nav screen and APIM that has Shaker Pro, RPA, navigation etc?
Nav is the only option that changes the hardware. If you get a non-nav unit, it will be non-nav forever. Doesn't matter that your MFT originally came with it.

Just make sure it has Snyc 3 and add the rest with Forscan?
Yes, except for nav.

Also, so one out of a F-150 work too?
I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Escape and Fusion screen/APIM's are known to work.

Another thing the As built sheet.

I don't see one like mine.
I have a 2015 Auto, 401A, 3.55s, Nav, RSS, AdapCruise and ESP.
Well, first of all you aren't going to be looking for a 2015's as-built, because that would only apply to a MFT unit - not the Sync 3 unit. You should NOT put 2015 MFT as-built on a Sync 3 APIM.

Adaptive cruise, your gear ratio, and ESP don't affect the APIM. So you're looking for an Auto 401A with Nav and RSS.

This car is close enough for your purposes.

You could pick any random Mustang with Sync 3 though, and use the info in this post to fine-tune to your vehicle.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Nav is the only option that changes the hardware. If you get a non-nav unit, it will be non-nav forever. Doesn't matter that your MFT originally came with it.

Yes, except for nav.

I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Escape and Fusion screen/APIM's are known to work.

Well, first of all you aren't going to be looking for a 2015's as-built, because that would only apply to a MFT unit - not the Sync 3 unit. You should NOT put 2015 MFT as-built on a Sync 3 APIM.

Adaptive cruise, your gear ratio, and ESP don't affect the APIM. So you're looking for an Auto 401A with Nav and RSS.

This car is close enough for your purposes.

You could pick any random Mustang with Sync 3 though, and use the info in this post to fine-tune to your vehicle.

WOW, thanks so much man.

I'm just gather info right. I think I might have a lead on a Sync 3 unit. I just want to get familiar with Forscan first.

I've used the program once, so I don't even know where to even change the hexadecimals.

Will definitely PM with any questions.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Just jumping on here for a quick update. I will have some news later to tonight for people who bought harnesses as well as those who wanted a wait list. The past two weeks have been a blur for me as we prepped for our home race the past two days.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Doing a bit more research to confirm but I believe the wiring guide needs to be updated... Pins 16 and 17 are no longer used for sync 3 and thus no need to pull pins from the GPSM connector. SAT radio also looks to be the same between base and premium models. All that’s needed is the additional two pins called out and the sync mic (pins 5 and 6 to 12 and 13). So a total of 6 pins need to be moved and the media hub powered in order to make a functional install.
16 and 17 are indeed used for Sync 3. That’s MS-CAN, unless Ford changed that for 18 all other cars need that. The Sirius signal looks the same at first glance but it’s actually wired backwards on base cars.

Last edited:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
16 and 17 are indeed used for Sync 3. That’s MS-CAN, unless Ford changed that for 18 all other cars need that. The Sirius signal looks the same at first glance but it’s actually wired backwards on base cars.
I can post up the 18 connector view but 16 and 17 are indeed unpopulated. I can cross-reference with 16 diagrams to see if it changed between years. Remember though that MS CAN was used for the GPSM connection (among other things) for MFT. Sync 3 no longer uses the GPSM. Upon further inspection SAT wires are indeed still backwards.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.