SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I ordered the part number for the blue clips..
Guy just called and said they were in, but they are white..
Do we have the wrong party number or are they not blue any longer?
Pretty sure they are the same just different color
Sponsored

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi All. Question for you... I recently installed a second hand Sync 3 swap kit originally purchased from OEMRadio. Everything came out great with one minor exception. Since doing the install the volume of the door chime decreased drastically and I can barely hear navigation prompts. Any idea why or how to fix? Its a GT that came with base radio setup.

Thanks!

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hi All. Question for you... I recently installed a second hand Sync 3 swap kit originally purchased from OEMRadio. Everything came out great with one minor exception. Since doing the install the volume of the door chime decreased drastically and I can barely hear navigation prompts. Any idea why or how to fix? Its a GT that came with base radio setup.

Thanks!
Probably ACM settings.

Go through all of this and correct your as-built as necessary: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2181378&postcount=910

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

Thanks!
Post a screen shot of your current APIM hex data

ttt637

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 s550 GT
Sync3 upgrade

Has anyone in the greater Memphis area completed this? I just feel this may be over my head but would love to pay someone for help and learn.... anyone?

Sponsored

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Post a screen shot of your current APIM hex data
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to figure out how to find that. I've done a tiny bit of research into the as-built updates but haven't spent enough time with it. All I need to do is fix the volume issue and get the drive modes set up and she'll be good to go!

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So for those that might know better.... Would installing a 15-17 sync 3 bezel (FMIC) cause any issues in a 18? I know the bezel finish was updated in 2018 but unsure if any electronics or software were updated as well?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I am having a new issue. I get an error message saying "Voice recognition is not ready" in Sync.

However in AA the voice command works just fine.

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
I get it too right after startup. When I hit the voice button it say voice recognition is not ready. After about 30sec it works normal.

Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So for those that might know better.... Would installing a 15-17 sync 3 bezel (FMIC) cause any issues in a 18? I know the bezel finish was updated in 2018 but unsure if any electronics or software were updated as well?
I think it will work fine in a base car. 401A 2018's may not work correctly with a 15-17 bezel but IDK why you'd need one in the first place on a premium.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I get it too right after startup. When I hit the voice button it say voice recognition is not ready. After about 30sec it works normal.
It is constant in mine.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I think it will work fine in a base car. 401A 2018's may not work correctly with a 15-17 bezel but IDK why you'd need one in the first place on a premium.
What would be the difference with 401A cars? The thing I am most concerned about is the drive mode toggle. That said the LCD cluster swap thread shows that it works.

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
It is constant in mine.
Did you try to do a master reset yet?

Iā€™ve had some really serious problems with voice recognition after upgrading to v3.0. It wouldnā€™t recognize anything than the AM/FM commands. Anything else did not work.
After a master reset everything went back to normal.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Did you try to do a master reset yet?

Iā€™ve had some really serious problems with voice recognition after upgrading to v3.0. It wouldnā€™t recognize anything than the AM/FM commands. Anything else did not work.
After a master reset everything went back to normal.
Yeah I can try that. It really started when I went from Non-Nav to Nav APIM.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.