2016 mustang gt

IbanezRG7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost PP
Hey all, I have had my Sync 3 swap done for a little over a year now with no issues. I used Forscan to enable drive modes and whatnot and all was good. Recently, my car had to have the ABS module and a wheel speed sensor replaced which is now causing my drive mode selection to only partially work. Whenever I try to enable Sport +, Track, or Wet/Rain modes, the cluster says "Drive Mode Selection Not Available" however, I can still access regular Sport and Drag Strip mode. Any ideas what may have happened to cause only certain drive modes to not work? Or any idea on what I can do to fix this?

Jogibär

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JĂĽrgen
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang VI
Du hast PM, mein neues Gurtzeug beseitigt all die Sorgen und Verwirrung für diejenigen, die neu anheften. Kein Crimpen oder Löten mehr. Ändern Sie einfach Ihre Stifte, stecken Sie die zwei (oder drei für TraveLink-Kunden) Mini-Kabelbäume ein, die ich Ihnen schicke, und genießen Sie. Für Leute, die keine Pins ändern wollen, ist mein Plug n Play der richtige Weg. Ich stelle auch kostenlose Programmierdaten und Anweisungen für den neuen Kabelbaum sowie das 100% Plug-and-Play zur Verfügung. Einfacher und billiger für alle!

AuĂźerdem viele Fragen zur Beschaffung von Sync 3 APIM/Touchscreens. Ich arbeite an etwas fĂĽr Menschen, die Hilfe brauchen. Hoffe es gibt bald was.
[/ZITIEREN]

Jogibär

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JĂĽrgen
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang VI
Hallo,
wollte fragen ob Sie Ihren Kabelbaum auch nach Deutschland senden...

GruĂź
JĂĽrgen

Tim McCreary

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Its a nationwide chain of salvage yards. If you dont have one near you, they sell parts both online and on eBay.
it is the name of a company, but it is a term used in the insurance industry: “Like Kind Quality”. This refers to an equivalent used insurance part.

For instance, if you needed a 2016 Mustang fender, a 2015 fender is not LKQ because it is older, even though it is identical. If a 2016 wheel needs replaced, a 2021 wheel would be a LKQ replacement because it is a 2016 or newer version.

Sponsored

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
I recently did a 4 to 8 swap in my 2018 mustang gt base. Everything seems to work fine except for the Bluetooth calling. Whenever I go to make a phone call it acts as if its making the call but then the radio just turns on and they is no audio for the phone. Has anyone ran into this problem?
I might be using the wrong search terms, but I can't seem to find if anybody has answered this particular question or if anybody else in the thread solved this issue.

I bought my '15 GT with the 4" to 8" swap already done but calling doesn't work. It'll connect via BT and Android Auto works just fine playing music and for GPS, but BT calling won't work. If I make or receive a call it switches to the radio and plays that instead of passing through call audio and the microphone from the car. The microphone itself seems to work OK because I can say "Hey Google" and it'll hear me but I never hear the response.

I unfortunately haven't gotten to take the dash apart, yet, so I don't know what the wiring harness looks like, but I figured if anybody else had the same issue and fixed it then it would help to have some information going in for a quicker fix.

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
All fixed! My phone now works flawlessly. HUGE thanks to @p6cl for his support, research, and troubleshooting with this.

Referenced an older post that prompted me to change the following codes - ACM: 727-01-01 Factory: D800 2800 00, after Sync 3 Swap: 9800 3800 00

I was also able to enable the drive mode toggle which is fun. Not sure yet if it makes a difference in throttle response, but I'll have to play around and see if I notice. Either way, the toggle switch now works which is nice.
Despite my last comment on this thread, I did eventually find this. LOL There's A LOT to read in here. 🤪

This makes me feel better that I potentially don't have to tear my dash apart to fix this issue.

Now what I don't know, yet, is if I need to get myself a different Bluetooth OBD-II adapter. I already have the Veepeak OBDCheck VP11 (link to the Amazon listing there) that I got to check codes for my last car with the Android Torque app. I know I'll have to install Forscan on my laptop, but will that work with Forscan? I did a quick Google and I'm thinking no, but maybe one of you guys have had success with it.

@HextallS550, is the ACM value at 727-01-01 the only thing that needs to be changed in the AsBuilt to make the BT call sound route correctly or will I be looking for more?

Last edited:

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Installed my Hextall hardware today! Initially, buttons on FCIM didn’t work - push those connectors all the way in! waiting on my programming, and all will be final, but this makes the car so much better….absolutely worth it!

one thing - I’ll have to buy a new cigarette lighter outlet and cover, the stock one got all loose inside the old bezel, but would NOT release.

EDDD2D39-716B-47AD-B0D2-AF10C4E0CD92.jpeg

FDCEE74C-17F0-43D1-9B85-23DF74932A01.jpeg

F62916AF-D434-4846-99C4-D5633F973996.jpeg

D7C9785F-3AEA-4E8A-9054-0D11A8B225C4.jpeg

CAA37887-B009-43F5-AE44-F922BA6777B9.jpeg

FF9EA835-13F0-4022-8061-7678243BB03F.jpeg

3967EBEE-905E-47C4-9864-D33FB808C0CE.jpeg

KKJMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Looking good bro! I did mine last year. Enjoy, its worth it!

Bullittproof16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Guard Green
Despite my last comment on this thread, I did eventually find this. LOL There's A LOT to read in here. 🤪

This makes me feel better that I potentially don't have to tear my dash apart to fix this issue.

Now what I don't know, yet, is if I need to get myself a different Bluetooth OBD-II adapter. I already have the Veepeak OBDCheck VP11 (link to the Amazon listing there) that I got to check codes for my last car with the Android Torque app. I know I'll have to install Forscan on my laptop, but will that work with Forscan? I did a quick Google and I'm thinking no, but maybe one of you guys have had success with it.

@HextallS550, is the ACM value at 727-01-01 the only thing that needs to be changed in the AsBuilt to make the BT call sound route correctly or will I be looking for more?
Glad this worked out for you! I haven't messed with this stuff in a while, so looking back, the language is so foreign to me haha. I was able to fix basically everything reading through this thread.

One issue I have is that my GPS sometimes goes off course but eventually resets itself. I think it's how I mounted the GPS unit... I got lazy and shoved it into the dash. Probably my fault!

Sponsored

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Glad this worked out for you! I haven't messed with this stuff in a while, so looking back, the language is so foreign to me haha. I was able to fix basically everything reading through this thread.

One issue I have is that my GPS sometimes goes off course but eventually resets itself. I think it's how I mounted the GPS unit... I got lazy and shoved it into the dash. Probably my fault!
Actually, I haven't done it, yet. I tried doing it with the Veepeak OBD adapter I have but apparently it doesn't have the correct CAN bus to see the ACM. Got the Vgate vLinker FS on order, so I'll see what happens when that shows up Tuesday.

As far as GPS, when my phone is connected, I notice it works better when it's in the cupholder vs under the control panel that in that little rubber tray. I think it's a line-of-site to the satellites thing.

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hazzah! It works! Made the changes to 727-01-01 (and a few other things for the hazard switch and driving modes) and all is good, now!

Thanks for all the help in this thread!

wesley910

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost base
Is anyone able to help me figure out what options this has? SAT Radio HD Radio? Nav?

I bought this in a rush since the price was good- guess I could have done for research.
IMG_0212.jpeg
IMG_0214.jpeg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

wesley910

Threads
Reaction score