Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Unfortunately, I got from a junk yard and they didn’t have any info
Yeah, that’s what I thought. I think you need to install it to see what you have. Keep in mind you may need Forscan for any programming needed.
Sponsored

Jennings1066

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost 6m pp
Noticed on your profile you have a 18 and it looks like you have a 3rd generation apim there. May not be plug and play.

wesley910

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost base
Yeah, that’s what I thought. I think you need to install it to see what you have. Keep in mind you may need Forscan for any programming needed.
I bought a harness from naviupgrade, and it came with files but you have to pick
Noticed on your profile you have a 18 and it looks like you have a 3rd generation apim there. May not be plug and play.

tell me more…

Jennings1066

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost 6m pp
Not really the expert. I searched for a unit that came out of a 19 with a forth gen apim same year as my car. Eliminated harness headach and moving pins if needed. Didnt care about hd,sat That is all controlled from the acm module. I worked with hexall (you'll see his reference all around threds). To program using forscan. But it as plug and play. May need to see if any one else used that harness for guidance.

Sponsored

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
i wouldnt use hextalls550 dude has issues going on with him. you have to buy all parts from him or he wont help you. personally i dont like the guy
Considering how much free help he's given in just this thread and the fact that you have seven posts (six from February and one today) I'm gonna call bunk on that.

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
C31DB39E-DC0E-4A5C-8FF7-67B0D077F2FA.jpeg

Thomas (Harness by Hextall) did my Forscan modifications last night - it was fast, easy - he is SUPER helpful, knowledgeable.

he offers an all inclusive package, his knowledge and resources are outstanding, I can’t say enough good things. One stop shopping. Fantastic.

E2B8462E-0933-435A-A381-96595F9C0F46.jpeg

Rainman73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ranier
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT, 2010 Honda Accord v6 coupe,
Good day to all mustang fans. Currently have a 2021 GT auto base and have an opportunity to buy a complete 8in system from a 2021. From what I learned from this thread, all should be plug and play with some FORScan tweaks to activate the drive mode and fix the hazard light switch. Am I missing anything before I start?

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
You will have 30 DTC codes from various modules - Hextall did my forscan changes, I don’t know what all changes.

everything is plug and play, and will work, hazards will be weird, drive modes won’t work, but there are plenty of knowledgeable people here to help

8E04C7DE-5A97-4155-A2D8-68D8BC725B6F.jpeg

Sponsored

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
i wouldnt use hextalls550 dude has issues going on with him. you have to buy all parts from him or he wont help you. personally i dont like the guy
I bought a complete Sync 3 setup from him and couldn't have been happier. It took a little longer to arrive than I hoped, but the setup was complete, all the parts were in as-new condition, everything was plug and play, exactly as he said it would be.

He was more than responsive and helpful in answering my questions and helping me get it set up and working. It's a day and night difference compared with the awful My Ford Touch.

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
C31DB39E-DC0E-4A5C-8FF7-67B0D077F2FA.jpeg

Thomas (Harness by Hextall) did my Forscan modifications last night - it was fast, easy - he is SUPER helpful, knowledgeable.

he offers an all inclusive package, his knowledge and resources are outstanding, I can’t say enough good things. One stop shopping. Fantastic.

E2B8462E-0933-435A-A381-96595F9C0F46.jpeg
I do have a question regarding the driving modes... After changing stuff with FORScan, my '15 GT having Normal, Sport+, Track, and Wet/Snow without that fifth one is correct... Correct?

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I bought a complete Sync 3 setup from him and couldn't have been happier. It took a little longer to arrive than I hoped, but the setup was complete, all the parts were in as-new condition, everything was plug and play, exactly as he said it would be.

He was more than responsive and helpful in answering my questions and helping me get it set up and working. It's a day and night difference compared with the awful My Ford Touch.
I wish the guy who owned my car previously had used HextallS550. Fortunately, it seems like all the hardware is correct and working perfectly, but the programming was half-arsed and I had to figure things out to get it working. I'm pretty sure any problems I have now (like AA music occasionally lowering volume after a navigation prompt) are more on Ford's side with firmware or Google's side with AA updates than due to the retrofit.

BTW, every time I see your name on here part of me wants to ask if you're AnalogMike of Analog.Man guitar pedals fame (analogmike_piera on Instagram), but he's more of a Porsche guy and lives in CT. I own one of his SunFace fuzz pedals and it's DIVINE.

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 does not have Drag Mode
Gracias! That's what I figured, but I always like to be 100% sure. It's my ADHD adjacent OCD. 🤪

Now, I fixed the Bluetooth calling, the mode switch, and the hazard switch. Is there anything else that I might be missing that I just might not have come across yet? I saw things about output volume but my car was already set to those values. And I know the solar DTCs and something else I can't recall don't clear (for whatever reason) but everything else seems to have cleared.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.