Not open for further replies.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Hi Brian, I recently just did my install (2015 V6 as well) and the APIM you receive is pre-programmed and ready to go. Everything, as far as the infotainment system, will work fine out of the box. The changes that need to be made to the car's programming are (I think) to activate the different drive modes, etc. You need Forscan on your laptop and the OBD link for your car; Hextall will remote into your laptop and make the necessary changes via Forscan, then you will be all set. Hope that helps put your mind at ease.
I placed my order with Hextall the other day.

ttbestas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT-R
sorry i know it was probably been asked before, i just didnt found the answer. for 2018 gt base car is it the same upgrade parts needed as for earlier models? i already purchased 2019 nav module, bigger screen and bezel. Do i need additional harness? Thanks

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Probably. 19+ have the harness. And yes it was answered in the preceding 147 pages.

Sponsored

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Following as I just got a base model and want to upgrade to the 8” with no sat/hd

so if I’m reading some tidbits right

-I can swap this over and then reprogram some things and have the track mode ability?

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt
wheres a good place to get screen brackets got a good deal on a screen but need the brackets and screws..can i get them from ford or lincoln vehicle with 8in screen thats flat

shura80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivars
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2016 V6 convertible
Hello from Latvia!
I`m newbie on this forum, and Mustang v6 2016 cabrio version I own just one summer. :) I`m happy with this car , but try to do some upgrades. Include swap 4" screen to 8".
I bought 8" screen and bazel from Mustang v8, and would like to swap it to mine. :)
Is it possible? Can anybody give advice, what kind of cables and adapters I need to buy ?
Thank you guys!

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello from Latvia!
I`m newbie on this forum, and Mustang v6 2016 cabrio version I own just one summer. :) I`m happy with this car , but try to do some upgrades. Include swap 4" screen to 8".
I bought 8" screen and bazel from Mustang v8, and would like to swap it to mine. :)
Is it possible? Can anybody give advice, what kind of cables and adapters I need to buy ?
Thank you guys!
Message Hextail ASAP to get started and get the job done right

Sponsored

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Nice!

im talking with him now about a kit

Did you upgrade from the 4” base car?

How was tweaking the stuff with forscan for the apim? Everything works as it should.?

Did you enable the drive modes?

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Nice!

im talking with him now about a kit

Did you upgrade from the 4” base car?

How was tweaking the stuff with forscan for the apim? Everything works as it should.?

Did you enable the drive modes?
Yup, base 4" in 2015 V6, Forscan stuff went off without a hitch (Tom remotes in and makes the changes for you). Drive modes are enabled, even in my V6 :cool: . With mine, I didn't have zones for heating/cooling and the changes don't enable that, otherwise, a HUGE improvement. Car Play is the main reason I wanted upgrade and it's great!!

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything works as it should I just wanted a bigger screen and Bluetooth to my phone as that’s were all my music comes from don’t care about drive modes or any other bells and whistles or I would have gotten a premium from the start

Iconic1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris Kone
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered in the prior 147 pages but...

New user and potential 550 buyer. I'm looking at buying a used 2015 GT Premium that has the basic Sync and 8" screen. I was going to walk-away from the car because I want (need) CarPlay but then I did some research on possibility of adding it , and landed here.

A few quick questions. Can I 100% upgrade this car to Sync 3 w CarPlay easy enough? If so, what's the approximate cost? Not interested in built-in NAV.

I owned a 16 Ford Edge that I ungraded (simple job) but it's my understanding the 16 upgrade is different than a 15?

Thanks so much in advance!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.