Status
Not open for further replies.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
He’s correct, it wasn’t my intent. But I did switch 7d0-01-02 to 4 on accident when I meant to disable with 0 xXxx-xxxx-xxxx

Hextall has spent a good hour and half coaching me through things. He’s excellent and I purchased dsp and harness from him. I cannot wait for it and make my car work great!
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I completed my Sync 3 swap last night. I am a novice at this sort of installation so if I can do it almost anyone can. :) It took me longer than most, primarily because I was being overly cautious about prying out dash and console pieces and I had a hard time getting some connectors off. Finally, I watched the installation video from infotainment.com, which helped on those connectors. :blush: The video also helped with routing the 3 cables from the dash to the media hub.

The wiring harness from Thomas is great and the flashing he did of the APIM and FCIM made it truly plug and play. Love the upgrade.

IMG_20190403_224708.jpg
console.jpg
sync3-installed.jpg

EliteGeeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How dare you use a Harbor Freight Flashlight... where you get your bezel? I have the same one I just got from a 2018 GT without heated seats...

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
How dare you use a Harbor Freight Flashlight... where you get your bezel? I have the same one I just got from a 2018 GT without heated seats...
I got the bezel from HextallS550. He gets brand new ones. I bought that light specifically for this job, lol.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
We're finally on Youtube LOL we have three videos related to our Sync conversion kits and harnesses.

Part 1 details FORScan configuration.

Like, subscribe, comment you guys know the deal.
That's pretty awesome video. Need to set some time to watch the entire thing. lol

I'm finally about to tackle this project.
Hoping to hear back Monday from a salvage yard on a Sync 3 screen and APIM

I have MFT, so I need to look back some pages and see what's all needed for the swap.

My only concern in forscan. I have it and I have used it to change some settings, but haven't loaded a build yet. Might get with you Hextall when it's time

This is has been a great thread btw!!!

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
My only concern in forscan. I have it and I have used it to change some settings, but haven't loaded a build yet. Might get with you Hextall when it's time
If you've managed to get an extended FORScan license and a dongle connecting your laptop to your car and you've successfully changed some canned settings, you're 99% of the way there.

It's just a matter of using the "AS-BUILT Format" option for the modules and doing "stare and compare" for a while to make sure all the characters are what they need be. It's not a big deal.

Chris@HBH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
13 GT500
@BlownGP Let us know if you need assistance with that.

For any one shopping for a complete kit the set up from Hextall's personal car will be for sale shortly. Cliffs Notes are 2017 Recaro bezel with GT350 button, NAV, Sirius and all the install stuff. Just like our regular kits it will 100% plug and play.

We also had some fun with ACMs last weekend and I will post a multi part thread. Think people will be surprised at what these things can do:wink:

sph33r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Thanks for this great thread, so much good info.

I have a 2015 with MFT and navigation, is it possible to put in a non-nav screen and effectively remove nav from the car? I never use it and it's much easier to find non-nav screens it seems; I'd be happy to eliminate nav all together if I can get Carplay.

Sponsored

Chris@HBH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
13 GT500
Yes, we typically do non NAV MFT to Sync 3 complete conversion kits for $799.99. If you use your phone it works out well.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
@BlownGP Let us know if you need assistance with that.

For any one shopping for a complete kit the set up from Hextall's personal car will be for sale shortly. Cliffs Notes are 2017 Recaro bezel with GT350 button, NAV, Sirius and all the install stuff. Just like our regular kits it will 100% plug and play.

We also had some fun with ACMs last weekend and I will post a multi part thread. Think people will be surprised at what these things can do:wink:
I must ask. What did he swap to? :)

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I must ask. What did he swap to? :)
2019 APIM NAV
2019 ACM no CD
2019 FCIM no CD slot

Need to keep current in order to test things for our customers. I went a little crazy with interior updates too.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
They finally ditched the CD slot! I've never used the one in either of my S550's.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I swapped the board on the ACM too, don't care about Sirius but I like HD for local sports.

Right now my hands are all cut up from swapping an OCS into my 2019 FP Recaros. I needed to confirm they would work in 15-17 and they do.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.