5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
So no love for us "older" cars for this new version of Sync?

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So no love for us "older" cars for this new version of Sync?
16-18 APIMs can not be upgraded to 3.3/3.4. The way that the drive is partitioned and the amount of space necessary to hold the software will inhibit a hack free update. You could purchase a 19-20 APIM and have us do the same thing we did for Luis. But they are hard to find right now and $$$$.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
16-18 APIMs can not be upgraded to 3.3/3.4. The way that the drive is partitioned and the amount of space necessary to hold the software will inhibit a hack free update. You could purchase a 19-20 APIM and have us do the same thing we did for Luis. But they are hard to find right now and $$$$.
I was told I would have to replace my ACM to a 2019 if I upgraded to the Sync Gen 4 APIM, is this true or no?

Sponsored

Beano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
FGX XR8 and 2016 Mustang GT, Both supercharged
Hey guys,
Slightly off-topic: Did any of you have a high-res close-up pic of the Sync 3 APIM pcb (component side)? I would like to have a play with Linux AGL on one of these, need to consider the hardware specs before I do, or indeed move to another platform altogether.

Appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,
Beano

Last edited:

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Dual or Single USB interface?

I understand the one on the console will still charge but I play my music off a thumb drive.
With the dual USB, can I play music off one port and have the other using carplay?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Dual or Single USB interface?

I understand the one on the console will still charge but I play my music off a thumb drive.
With the dual USB, can I play music off one port and have the other using carplay?
You can do play music off a flash drive and run CarPlay with either setup.

The advantage of using the dual USB is the third charge-only port and not having to run more wires, since with the single USB hub you actually have to run a cable from the hub to the front USB port.

What do you prefer?

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Exactly how I do it...front usb with music, rear with phone and android auto.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
You can do play music off a flash drive and run CarPlay with either setup.

The advantage of using the dual USB is the third charge-only port and not having to run more wires, since with the single USB hub you actually have to run a cable from the hub to the front USB port.

What do you prefer?
After I posted that. I found your post in this thread last year talking about it..lol

Um, guess it doesn't matter which one..

Thanks

Sponsored

Chris@HBH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
13 GT500
Harness By Hextall LLC is now offering 4, 8 and 10 week layaway plans for our complete 4” to Sync 3 swap kits. We are also planning on offering financing for ALL products late this summer. PM for details and disclaimer.
The best data, genuine new parts, customer service and now more affordable payment options, only at Harness By Hextall!
81FF8797-C79A-448C-8046-BD51C941E551.jpeg

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Damn that's awesome guys. Congratulations on making it a full blown business and I am glad to have been a customer from earlier on....you guys have come a long way. These guys know what they are doing...a lot more than a LOT of other companies for sure.

17again

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
Harness By Hextall LLC is now offering 4, 8 and 10 week layaway plans for our complete 4” to Sync 3 swap kits. We are also planning on offering financing for ALL products late this summer. PM for details and disclaimer.
The best data, genuine new parts, customer service and now more affordable payment options, only at Harness By Hextall!
81FF8797-C79A-448C-8046-BD51C941E551.jpeg
Late to the program on this, do you guys have a site or anything setup yet? FB page? Congrats and hope for much success.

AeroFox87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So can someone clarify this for me, if I have a 2017 mustang GT base car, all I need is and APIM, FCIM and the cabling and media hub and I'm gtg? Also does anyone know if the 2019 stuff works in the 2017, rather have the recaro/non heated seat bezel and newer sync 3 apim.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.