Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
For anyone that isnt aware there is a free map update available, you need your Vin & ESN to get it. Currently downloading, would offer it up but its esn license based.

Sync Map Update
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone that isnt aware there is a free map update available, you need your Vin & ESN to get it. Currently downloading, would offer it up but its esn license based.

Sync Map Update
Cant this be installed as an OTA download right to the car?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sync Map Update
What version are you currently running? Version 1.19 has been out for months. If you are already running 1.19 could this mean we now have 1.20?

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
19Q1_NA_Post-3.2_2ndRelease

11.5 GB download.

I can't believe you have too have your engine running for 1 hour, sitting in the garage. It's to bad you can't overide the power shutdown and hook up a battery charger.

DownloadInstructions.pdf

FordInstructionsSyncPost Sync3.2.pdf

With This Update You Will Find:

• New Roads
  • Speed Limit Updates
  • New Points-of-Interest
  • Updated Turn Restrictions and Traffic Changes

There may be thousands of navigation data points changing every day, but we’ll help you get there with care.

*Data points above represent the changes in the HERE Map Database from Q1 19. Exact data may vary by product. The current Map version is NA 1 19.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Cant this be installed as an OTA download right to the car?
No, This had two options, Pay $40 and they send you a USB flash drive, or download the file and do it yourself, either way its not OTA.

19Q1_NA_Post-3.2_2ndRelease

11.5 GB download.

I can't believe you have too have your engine running for 1 hour, sitting in the garage. It's to bad you can't overide the power shutdown and hook up a battery charger.
As far as I know (Haven't tried yet) you dont have to have the car running, you can turn the car on without running the engine (press the start without having your foot on the brake). That should work and having a battery charger connect should get it working.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
As far as I know (Haven't tried yet) you dont have to have the car running, you can turn the car on without running the engine (press the start without having your foot on the brake). That should work and having a battery charger connect should get it working.
I tried that on the SYNC update and the damn thing shut off the power.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Yes, I did this on my wife’s car: The instructions say the car must be on, but there is no need to be running. It does take a while to update. You do have to go to the vehicle control menu and turn off the “Auto Off” function to keep the car from shutting down. But even if it does shutoff, it picks up where it left off and finishes the update.
BTW: To save the battery, make sure to turn off the headlights and the air conditioning system.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I tried that on the SYNC update and the damn thing shut off the power.
Yes, I did this on my wife’s car: The instructions say the car must be on, but there is no need to be running. It does take a while to update. You do have to go to the vehicle control menu and turn off the “Auto Off” function to keep the car from shutting down. But even if it does shutoff, it picks up where it left off and finishes the update.
BTW: To save the battery, make sure to turn off the headlights and the air conditioning system.
Earl read above.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
What year is your wife's car? On my 13, I always used the battery charger, but the 20 shut down on me.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What year is your wife's car? On my 13, I always used the battery charger, but the 20 shut down on me.
It‘s a 2019 Nautilus. Did two separate updates this way: Sync 3.3 to 3.4, and the maps to 1.19. Thought about putting it on a charger, but didn’t need to.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Earl are you in run mode or acc mode? I would think acc mode would turn off after 15 mins, the same as when you remote start.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
I get in the car with my fob and push the start button and then insert the USB stick into the receptacle. Then after a little while, the power shuts down. This is with the charger plugged in.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get in the car with my fob and push the start button and then insert the USB stick into the receptacle. Then after a little while, the power shuts down. This is with the charger plugged in.
I think you have to insert the USB stick “before” you turn the car on. That way it recognizes it starting up and puts it into a different mode.