Sponsored

Suspension Upgrades

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed a mild rear bar increase should help a bit.

Also you can tune adjustable shocks to dial out some understeer. I was fighting mild understeer (more like a mild resistance to rotation) last weekend at nationals somebody smart advised to increase the rear rebound and OMG that helped so much. (I'm on Konis)
Sponsored

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Agreed a mild rear bar increase should help a bit.

Also you can tune adjustable shocks to dial out some understeer. I was fighting mild understeer (more like a mild resistance to rotation) last weekend at nationals somebody smart advised to increase the rear rebound and OMG that helped so much. (I'm on Konis)
I think I might try the 350R rear bar first and think about upgrading to some adjustable dampers.

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Big ass rear tires and driver habits can cause entry understeer. Try running 2-3 psi more in the front tires. Also, if you have a PP car address the front bushings. The stock bar has a fair amount of spring rate to it, just the sticky bushings suck! Do you still have stock front endlinks?

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Big ass rear tires and driver habits can cause entry understeer. Try running 2-3 psi more in the front tires. Also, if you have a PP car address the front bushings. The stock bar has a fair amount of spring rate to it, just the sticky bushings suck! Do you still have stock front endlinks?
Yes all 100% stock (bar, bushings, endlinks)

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
When lowering a PP car you can create "pre-load" on the front bar which has sticky bushings, and can ramp the bar rate.

Sponsored

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Before you go out and buy a whole bunch of shit for your car, are you sure that you eliminated driver input errors such as coming into the turn too fast or incorrect tire pressures?

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Before you go out and buy a whole bunch of shit for your car, are you sure that you eliminated driver input errors such as coming into the turn too fast or incorrect tire pressures?
Not sure how much "shit" can be purchased with my small budget but that is not my intent and while I believe there is always room to improve, I am confident this is not driver error at this point.

As for tire pressure, I am always up to hear recommendations.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Corner entry, and it is not every time but still happens enough that I want to try and address it if possible. I currently use sport cup 2's on track. I'll get understeer on several tracks MSR Cresson, Hallett, TWS and most recently COTA. I'll see if I cant get a video example from COTA to show what I mean.
Are you on throttle, coasting, trail-braking?

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Are you on throttle, coasting, trail-braking?
Either coasting or applying mild throttle. Since its only happening at turn in I am completely off the brakes and the suspension has all but settled from any intial brake dive

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Maybe try trail-braking and carrying more entry speed. When you're on the throttle, you're unloading the front tires and creating understeer.

Sponsored
OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
WE have put this kit together with our friends at BMR to kill the main weak spots in the chassis, which will greatly aid in what you are dealing with. It is close to your budget as well. Sway bars and bushings are the cars soft spot, these are the ABC suspension modifications we would recommend to compliment future suspension mods and to get you started. The sway bars with vertical links will really tighten up the car and make it considerably more responsive without sacrificing any ride quality or drivability. For the rear suspension and cradle I would recommend our toe links rods and full polyurethane rear cradle lock out bushings. To top it all off for stance and performance the loweing performance springs. These parts are designed more with street/daily driver in mind as they work well without being noisy or lowering ride quality. These parts are going to limit the movement in the rear suspension and cradle which will not only improve straight line performance but also handling and overall driving.

http://www.rdpstore.com/p-8411-2015-mustang-gtecoboost-bmr-starter-handling-performance-package.aspx
I appreciate it but I'm not looking to throw a bunch of parts at the suspension hoping it might help. I really only have one "complaint" which is the understeer and thanks to the folks who have responsonded I have a path forward to see if I cant dial most of it out.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I appreciate it but I'm not looking to throw a bunch of parts at the suspension hoping it might help. I really only have one "complaint" which is the understeer and thanks to the folks who have responsonded I have a path forward to see if I cant dial most of it out.
Nah man, despite a bone stock S550 GT being faster around a track than a Boss 302 or E9X M3, the car sucks and you MUST buy all of these parts to make your car handle well or be competent on track :lol:

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Nah man, despite a bone stock S550 GT being faster around a track than a Boss 302 or E9X M3, the car sucks and you MUST buy all of these parts to make your car handle well or be competent on track :lol:
Right? It seems a lot of people still do not want to accept that a stock mustang can be a competent track car and requires thousands of dollars of parts in order to go around corners fast

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Right? It seems a lot of people still do not want to accept that a stock mustang can be a competent track car and requires thousands of dollars of parts in order to go around corners fast
To be fair, you did ask for "suspension upgrades under $1000" to help with this, so some people gave you just that...a list of parts to do.

If you had asked how to help this issue without spending any money then I would agree with you on your statement. But don't be surprised when people offer you part upgrades after you specifically asked for them.
Sponsored