Suspension Upgrades

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
To be fair, you did ask for "suspension upgrades under $1000" to help with this, so some people gave you just that...a list of parts to do.

If you had asked how to help this issue without spending any money then I would agree with you on your statement. But don't be surprised when people offer you part upgrades after you specifically asked for them.
Yep and I thanked him for the suggestion even though I already have 2 of the 5 parts that were in the link he posted. Also, not surprised by any of these responses lol so not sure what prompted you to say this?:shrug:
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If your looking for a bang for the buck upgrade, GT350R bars might help you. I believe I spent around $120 for front and rear.

Since your trying to correct under steer you may just want to start with the rear. You'll go from a 22.2mm car to 24mm. Easy to swap out as well.

For me it's been a good upgrade, car handles better.....didn't ruin ride quality.

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
If your looking for a bang for the buck upgrade, GT350R bars might help you. I believe I spent around $120 for front and rear.

Since your trying to correct under steer you may just want to start with the rear. You'll go from a 22.2mm car to 24mm. Easy to swap out as well.

For me it's been a good upgrade, car handles better.....didn't ruin ride quality.
Thinking this might be my next move! Did you end up using the GT350R bushings for the rear (f2gz5493-c)?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking this might be my next move! Did you end up using the GT350R bushings for the rear (f2gz5493-c)?
Yes you'll need those but you can re use your stock brackets.

Here's a picture of the difference.
Rear sway bar.jpg

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Here's a helpful list put together by Cortex Racing of what to do to try and alleviate certain things your car is doing that you don't want. It provides a great basis and reference to start off with:

http://cortexracing.com/vehicle-balance/

Might I also suggest asking this question over at track mustangs online as it is the most hardcore road course mustangs guys compiled into 1 forum that I have ever seen and would certainly be able to help give you some good advice on parts.

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Thanks for the link! Seems like a lot of really good info. TMO was actually the next place I was going for this question.
Sponsored