corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Plimmer said:

Remove stock front belts and install 4 points (stock belt system is heavy)

Installed a child seat under the rear seats? :) With a latch?! :) JK..
I'm wondering more about Plimmer's 4-point harnesses. Didn't think most entities approved them.

Norm

Advertisement

Plimmer

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Plimmer said:

Remove stock front belts and install 4 points (stock belt system is heavy)

I'm wondering more about Plimmer's 4-point harnesses. Didn't think most entities approved them.

Norm
Lol, yeah what I said was not clear. There is a plate behind the rear seats that is used to latch onto a child seat. That went into the garbage can a long time ago.

I never had any issues with the 4 point system, the organization I attend was happy as long as it was equal or better than OEM. I have subsequently changed that to a 6 point Racequip seat belt as I wanted a thicker 3” belt.

OP
GT_Roadcourse_Newb
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
Lol, yeah what I said was not clear. There is a plate behind the rear seats that is used to latch onto a child seat. That went into the garbage can a long time ago.

I never had any issues with the 4 point system, the organization I attend was happy as long as it was equal or better than OEM. I have subsequently changed that to a 6 point Racequip seat belt as I wanted a thicker 3” belt.
Nice! Upgrades to safety are the best!
Is that 4-point system that you retired the one I have? (Schroth.. It was a nice upgrade from the 3 point but I get how it might not work for submarine in a catastrophic crash)

bnightstar

Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Upgrades to safety are the best!
Is that 4-point system that you retired the one I have? (Schroth.. It was a nice upgrade from the 3 point but I get how it might not work for submarine in a catastrophic crash)
Now that I read the whole thread what happen to the car did you sell it ?

Advertisement

50 - Livernois - 2

Advertisement