Sponsored

Wheel hop upgrades?

sm32589g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP DIB
I am just wondering what the consensus is on wheel hop upgrades for the GT on road courses? Is everyone eliminating wheel hop? Not worth it? If so which wheel hop upgrades have you guys done to your track car?
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Wheel hop shouldn't be an issue in the 3rd gear and higher where you'll be spending virtually all of your time. There is nothing to be gained (and something to lose . . . in the way you'd be presenting yourself to the other drivers there) by wheelhopping your way down the hot pit lane in 1st and maybe 2nd as you take your out lap.

But you might come by some improvements in handling precision/composure by way of the same modifications that work to reduce/eliminate wheel hop for the straight line guys.

Norm

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
There isn't wheel hop per say but there is a bounce that the soft bushings of the IRS has on corner exit when putting down power. Easy fix is the BMR CB005.

OP
OP
sm32589g

sm32589g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP DIB
Wheel hop shouldn't be an issue in the 3rd gear and higher where you'll be spending virtually all of your time. There is nothing to be gained (and something to lose . . . in the way you'd be presenting yourself to the other drivers there) by wheelhopping your way down the hot pit lane in 1st and maybe 2nd as you take your out lap.

But you might come by some improvements in handling precision/composure by way of the same modifications that work to reduce/eliminate wheel hop for the straight line guys.

Norm
There isn't wheel hop per say but there is a bounce that the soft bushings of the IRS has on corner exit when putting down power. Easy fix is the BMR CB005.
This was exactly my thought. So I am looking at the subframe braces as a cheap solution would that be enough? I know it adds weight and doesnt do anything for the soft stock bushings. Should I just pay the few dollars extra for stiffer bushings?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Feedback on our CB005 for road course duty has been nothing short of amazing.

I would just start with that. The CB005 and BK055 Bearing Kit.....is really all you need for the IRS System, to really put that car to work and promote confidence behind the wheel.
Sponsored