Sponsored

Suspension Malfunction Error after Spring Install, Dealer fix only ?

Mach70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT350, 1970 Mach1, 2017 GT350
I received that message when new, after dealer installed camber plates from handling package. They say it was a ride height sensor, and ordered one. Apparently, it was not plugged in correctly as the error has never occurred since they diagnosed the problem, and the ride height sensor has not been replaced.
Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Not sure about the forscan never used it. But the 200 is made by autel. I am sure you can do advance stuff with the forscan but 90% of people don't need it.

OP
OP
89strok

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 foxbody 347, 17' GT350 Avalanche(SOLD), 2019 GT350R KR711
As of now, it's showing a error in each rear height sensor and a sensor supply fault. I cleared them to see if they all keep showing but now it only shows the sensor supply fault. So possibly a short somewhere in the harness, I'm assuming the fault means no power is going to the rear sensors. Can't find any pinches in the harness anywhere or anything unplugged. So gonna keep following the harness
Screenshot_20200427-104737_HT200.jpg
Screenshot_20200427-105331_HT200.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is that ride height harness tied into the active exhaust harness by chance?

If the harness is, check for damages or melted wiring back at the active exhaust valves or the length of wiring before those valves (you may need to remove the outer sheath to expose the actual wires to check for damages).

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
As of now, it's showing a error in each rear height sensor and a sensor supply fault. I cleared them to see if they all keep showing but now it only shows the sensor supply fault. So possibly a short somewhere in the harness, I'm assuming the fault means no power is going to the rear sensors. Can't find any pinches in the harness anywhere or anything unplugged. So gonna keep following the harness
If you haven't seen this yet, here's the Ford Service Manual description of the error codes:

upload_2020-4-30_14-5-28.png

Pinpoint test D doesn't do much - unplug the VDM in the trunk, unplug the relevant sensor connector and check to see if there's voltage on any of the pins - there shouldn't be. The follow-on test checks with an ohmmeter to see if any are shorted to ground. It says if the wiring's ok then replace the sensor.

Last edited:

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
You can go to Walmart and buy the tool in the link I posted and check for code and reset your height sensor. It will give you 1 free manufacturer to choose so you will be able to diagnose your car completely with bunch of extras. Non of that generic code crap. It is a very good tool.

You can always return it if you don't like it.
So I bought one and the software only goes up to 2018 for our cars.... tech support says to check back monthly for updates so I currently have a $50 paperweight but I'm sure at some point it will become useful...

OP
OP
89strok

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you haven't seen this yet, here's the Ford Service Manual description of the error codes:

upload_2020-4-30_14-5-28.png

Pinpoint test D doesn't do much - unplug the VDM in the trunk, unplug the relevant sensor connector and check to see if there's voltage on any of the pins - there shouldn't be. The follow-on test checks with an ohmmeter to see if any are shorted to ground. It says if the wiring's ok then replace the sensor.

I will try this tomorrow, thank you!

OP
OP
89strok

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No voltage going through while vdm is unplugged. Plugged the vdm back in, getting ohm readings at 3 of the height sensor connectors minus one of the rears. Bad ground or possible broken wire in harness? I can't see how a wire would internally break by the simple install

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
No voltage going through while vdm is unplugged. Plugged the vdm back in, getting ohm readings at 3 of the height sensor connectors minus one of the rears. Bad ground or possible broken wire in harness? I can't see how a wire would internally break by the simple install
If there's no short to ground (zero ohms) on any of the sensor wires and no unwanted voltage on them (test both with the VDM disconnected) the next troubleshooting step is to check for continuity from each pin on each connector to the corresponding pin on the VDM connector. If the wiring is sound from the connector plugs to the VDM plug, then the next troubleshooting procedure is to replace the sensor.

I've never had my rear LCA out, so I don't know if it's possible to install the sensors incorrectly on the Mustang. On my E92 M3, it was easy to install the sensor with the link rods folded the wrong way. I know this because I did it.

Check that the sensors are installed correctly with the lower link going up and down as shown:

upload_2020-5-1_10-26-40.png

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
So I bought one and the software only goes up to 2018 for our cars.... tech support says to check back monthly for updates so I currently have a $50 paperweight but I'm sure at some point it will become useful...
To revive a super old thread.... just curious if you ever checked back to see if the software was updated.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
To revive a super old thread.... just curious if you ever checked back to see if the software was updated.
never did.. but also don't believe it has that functionality, we tried the device with my buddy's 2017 and couldn't find anything in the menus to re-learn ride height.

I also think the car handles amazing after the fp springs with no issues so I never asked the dealer about a re-learn either.

Kramerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sorry to re-revive an old thread but I'd love to know if OP figured out his issue. Pinched wire? Bad sensor?