Dealer getting C103E error so no delivery for me- FIXED/delivered

OP
OP

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
3.5 weeks into this and still NO resolution. They swapped out the rear height sensors (for whatever reason) and it had no effect. They are now waiting for the regional Field Engineer to grant them a visit. I've tried escalations with dealer and Ford Customer Support. I'm so frustrated!!
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Sorry they still haven't fixed it for you. Potential issues and complications due to the electronic suspension is one of the reasons why I opted for a K.I.S.S. GT350.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Sorry bro. Eventually it will get resolved.

OP
OP

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Another week (4.5 and counting) and still no fix. They tried replacing the control module with a new unit from Detroit and that threw even more codes so yet another control module is on order with Monday ETA. The regional Service expert showed up for a few hours Thursday but to no avail.

Summer is quickly flying by in Portland and my trip to Laguna in a few weeks is looking more challenging and certainly won't be broken in by then.

Frustrating!!

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Another week (4.5 and counting) and still no fix. They tried replacing the control module with a new unit from Detroit and that threw even more codes so yet another control module is on order with Monday ETA. The regional Service expert showed up for a few hours Thursday but to no avail.

Summer is quickly flying by in Portland and my trip to Laguna in a few weeks is looking more challenging and certainly won't be broken in by then.

Frustrating!!
Sorry, time for Ford to find you a different one..........

Sponsored

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350

Frustrating!!
This is crazy! Sorry you're going through this nonsense.

Hope to see you at the track this weekend....will be in car 16 pit and driving tomorrow. Won't arrive til late this afternoon.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Jesus F. Christ.
The car is giving you a terrible first impression.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I wasn't kidding with my previous post this is bullshit. Legally I think he has a case that it isn't even his as he hasn't driven it off the lot and legally taken possession of the car. At the very least call Ford CS and start negotiating compensation for the continued delay.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
This just makes the point of the service side problem of today's modern equipment. From refrigerators, washing machines to cars, too complicated for today's tech to fix. That car may simply have a bad connector and nobody understands the system enough to find it.

PLEASE LET US KNOW THE ANSWER

Sponsored
OP
OP

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
I will certainly update this board. If the control module on Monday doesn't fix the car they didnt have a next on list to check. I've had escalation into Fors for 3 weeks now and actually opened a new escalation 1.5 weeks ago referencing the first escalation.

Lemon law kicks in at 30 business days (next Wednesday) but finding a new R would be a much longer delay... ughhh

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I will certainly update this board. If the control module on Monday doesn't fix the car they didnt have a next on list to check. I've had escalation into Fors for 3 weeks now and actually opened a new escalation 1.5 weeks ago referencing the first escalation.

Lemon law kicks in at 30 business days (next Wednesday) but finding a new R would be a much longer delay... ughhh
I really hope they help get you another R. All I can say is don't give up, the car will definitely be worth it!

OP
OP

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
After quite a few 5 weeks of struggles and several parts including 3 different suspension control modules the system finalkynsorted itself out. Happy to report I've picked up my car and have already logged 23o glorious (130 me and 100 the tech). She is sorted and home now! I'll open a different thread with intros.

Thanks to all for the ideas and hope!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Congrats, eagerly awaiting writeup
Sponsored