Sponsored

Dealer getting C103E error so no delivery for me- FIXED/delivered

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Hey folks,
I'm trying to get my new HR486 from the dealer but they are unable to get the suspension error code to clear. They have the spacers out and have done the reprogramming of the suspension while car on lift. Also they performed the TSB and still having no luck. They have a call into Ford, but no luck and now I doubt car will be available until Mon at the earliest.

Thanks to #nipsc4328 for the helpful thread in 2016, us my dealer is stuck and no R for me this weekend!

Any ideas?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I know you are chomping at the bit........ however you will have to be patient. I've waited over a year and it looks like my dealers promise of a car by the end of July isn't going to happen (still no VIN as of today).

Anyway, this is about you, so at least you have one sitting at a dealer with your name on it.

Be thankful and patient. It will all get sorted out.

ARMRER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R/ 2006 Ford GT/ 1965 289 Cobra
Did the dealer get all 4 spacers out? I have seen 3 cars now that only had the front spacers pulled for some weird reason, as the PDI form is specific. All three cars dropped the error code on their own when placed on the ground.

OP
OP

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Did the dealer get all 4 spacers out? I have seen 3 cars now that only had the front spacers pulled for some weird reason, as the PDI form is specific. All three cars dropped the error code on their own when placed on the ground.
I've asked twice, so hope they did that... won't know now until Monday earliest.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Have they done a shock recalibration before? The instructions are obscure and the fact is that it has to be done with the car on the ground. If you read the instructions and just follow what you think it means, you'll do it with the car on a lift, and it'll fail every time.

Sponsored

Av8orntn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
This happened to me when I bought mine. I'm not claiming this is your problem but I asked multiple times if they had removed the spacers. Two days later they realized that they had left the rear spacers in.

OP
OP

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
I will call them first thing in Monday and suggest reprogramming while car is in ground after 100% confirming 4 blocks are removed and in advisors hands.

Doesn't sound like rocket science, but there sure are quite a few folks here who have had similar issues.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Mine also didn't clear ....until the car was driven for maybe 20 yards.

OP
OP

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Mine also didn't clear ....until the car was driven for maybe 20 yards.
Tech already tried the road test after he thought it was complete but then it kicked back on. Hopefully Ford comes back with a patch or other, in meantime I'll get him to redo cali on ground.

Remember that old Hienz catch-up commercial "anticipation..."

OP
OP

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
No luck today, dealer couldn't figure it out and I've escalated through local Ford and raised a case# with Full red corporate. I know my customers wouldn't put up with this and would demand experts on a plane... frustrating.

They did verify all 4 spacers out and recallibration with wheels on ground- drove the car a few mins and it came right back on. Ughhhh

Sponsored
OP
OP

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Unfortunately still do not have the car for my 4 day weekend! They ordered a level sensor for one of the shocks that had a funky reading and were in the process of installing Friday night when they ran out of time. They plan to continue again on Monday- wonder at what point a regional tech expert comes to help. Expectations in my industry (Semiconductor) is experts from mothership are parachuting in within 24hrs.

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
Unfortunately still do not have the car for my 4 day weekend! They ordered a level sensor for one of the shocks that had a funky reading and were in the process of installing Friday night when they ran out of time. They plan to continue again on Monday- wonder at what point a regional tech expert comes to help. Expectations in my industry (Semiconductor) is experts from mothership are parachuting in within 24hrs.
I feel your pain Etch! I lost sleep the night before I picked mine up because I was so frickin excited....

OP
OP

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
STILL not fixed! They put in new height sensors, put it all together, aligned, cleared codes, drove a block and the error message came back. They have no idea how to fix the issue and are hoping a regional expert can come out to hall.. two weeks later! Soooo frustrated!

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
STILL not fixed! They put in new height sensors, put it all together, aligned, cleared codes, drove a block and the error message came back. They have no idea how to fix the issue and are hoping a regional expert can come out to hall.. two weeks later! Soooo frustrated!
That really sucks. What someone (the dealer tech or the regional Ford guy) needs to do is hook up their IDS to the car, put it in Flight Recorder mode and monitor the ride height sensor PID's. It could be a bad connection on the controller module in the trunk. The problem is that Ford has to authorize the warranty time to troubleshoot, and they probably will wait until the regional guy gets there for that. Unless the techs do this all the time, they could burn up a couple of hours and learn nothing.
Sponsored