Sponsored

Supercharge 17 GT ?

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
I have a 17 GT manual 3.31 car.
Nothing done to it except MBRP cat Back, and recently a set of PP1 wheels with 4s tires.

I’m thinking I want boost. Does not need to be a super aggressive build. Maybe 600 crank HP. Would like some extra power but don’t want stuff to start breaking.

What SC would be good for something like this? I was thinking a centrifugal unit. Also at 600 crank hp how would the stock OPG do if I didn’t raise the rev limit?
Sponsored

wizofwuz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTCS
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing done to it except MBRP cat Back, and recently a set of PP1 wheels with 4s tires.

I’m thinking I want boost. Does not need to be a super aggressive build. Maybe 600 crank HP. Would like some extra power but don’t want stuff to start breaking.

What SC would be good for something like this? I was thinking a centrifugal unit. Also at 600 crank hp how would the stock OPG do if I didn’t raise the rev limit?
At the end of the day it is all about your goals and how much money you want to spend. 600 at the motor is easy with any setup and as far as breaking stuff that is a risk you run at any power level. You can break sh!t at stock power levels :) If you think you need more power, go for it!!

Here is my 17 and she hasnt broke anything yet......
0420191613_HDR.jpg

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase

Any stage 1 will give you what your looking for. If your not wanting to replace OPG I'd recommend going with a PD blower because they will make more power down low.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Pick the setup that meets your budget, because they will all meet your power requirement with ease.

OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
At the end of the day it is all about your goals and how much money you want to spend. 600 at the motor is easy with any setup and as far as breaking stuff that is a risk you run at any power level. You can break sh!t at stock power levels :) If you think you need more power, go for it!!

Here is my 17 and she hasnt broke anything yet......
0420191613_HDR.jpg

Very true. I should have said I want to reduce the risk of breaking stuff so that is why I don’t need to have the highest numbers.
You car looks great!

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I have the same basic car you do, on low boost pulley my car makes about what you're looking for and drives basically like stock. I have the 2.3L Edelbrock kit and a spec 2+ clutch. On 11lb I make 600+ wheel, on 7lb it's around 500. Feels great, pulls hard, I also have 4S tires and they grip well after 2nd gear.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
15% off Paxton and save $$$$ for supporting mods.

OniVita

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang S550 PP

Any setup will get you there safely. There is nothing feels better than supercharging a coyote and you will always starve for more power .
Hard launching does break rear axles even on stock coyote.

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
Whipple Stage 1 here. Car is completely stock otherwise right down to the cats/mufflers. Dyno'd 643 RWHP on 9psi. Ran it several track days all summer long, no issues at all. Great setup and reliable for the $$. With a set of drag radials it would run a high 10 sec 1/4 at my altitude/conditions, but I refuse to swap wheels/tires just to race so I settle with low 11's on street rubber.

Worth every penny, and as many have said, 600 flywheel can be had on about any combination.

Personally, I love the cockiness of the centrifugal setups.....but also love the whine of the PD blower setup, and they develop a lot of power the minute you hit the throttle. Both are a great setup, and I was told for the street a centri setup would be more ideal, which I agree completely after having a PD setup.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Whipple Stage 1 here. Car is completely stock otherwise right down to the cats/mufflers. Dyno'd 643 RWHP on 9psi. Ran it several track days all summer long, no issues at all. Great setup and reliable for the $$. With a set of drag radials it would run a high 10 sec 1/4 at my altitude/conditions, but I refuse to swap wheels/tires just to race so I settle with low 11's on street rubber.

Worth every penny, and as many have said, 600 flywheel can be had on about any combination.

Personally, I love the cockiness of the centrifugal setups.....but also love the whine of the PD blower setup, and they develop a lot of power the minute you hit the throttle. Both are a great setup, and I was told for the street a centri setup would be more ideal, which I agree completely after having a PD setup.
Thanks for that! Have a VMP 2.3 on mine and wasn't sure how much power the stock fuel system would support. Apparently quite a bit!

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Do a VMP 2.65 setup and stay on 93. Or go turbo setup. With a turbo setup (costs money but I'll help you spend it) you control the boost level if you go with a boost controller. Cruise around at lower boost levels making 550-600 RWHP, then grip it and rip it when you turn it up to play a little bit. SC's don't have that luxury.

Centris are awesome as well.

TBH - anything FI is a blast...and more addictive than Heroin and almost as desirable as sex.

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
^ This.

Turbo if you want max effort adjustable power.

Any forced inducted application is a win win on these. I went S/C because there are less overall failure points on something I can daily drive. With a turbo kit, there is a lot of additional hardware/fittings/scavenge pumps/ect depending on the kit/turbo location.

I never did like the idea of having twins under the car.....especially if going to be driving through rain soaked interstate/ect.

PD blowers are pretty minimal, two intercooler hoses/pump, the rest is pretty compact and much less risk of issues on a 10 hr road trip/long trip.

Nothing like a turbo setup though if you want big power, this is coming from a formal turbo LS guy that built and tuned all of my setups. Would love to have this Coyote turbo'd, but just not my style on this build.

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Well if you happen to live in California like me, you can't do turbo. For 600 crank, Roush Phase I or II, I believe they are CARB legal too
Sponsored