Sponsored

Supercharge or don't supercharge my GT

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I don't remember what you decided to do...but you could build a heads/cam Coyote now that Comp cams has released a series of camshafts for the Gen 3 Coyote. Stage 3R ported heads and after market stage 3 cams should be good for around 125 rwhp gain. Add in long tube headers, exhaust, and cold air intake and ported manifold, and you're making close to what a supercharged car would make, except N/A. Stage 3R ported heads run $1,800 from Modular motor sports racing (you send them your heads to work on), cam shafts are about $1,675 MSRP but can likely be had cheaper. An E85 tune would likely push the engine to well over 600 rwhp, N/A. I'll likely go with a Stage 3 port and polish job with stage 2 cams, for a bit more daily drivability, once my warranty is expired. I like the idea of a very powerful N/A car, over a supercharged Coyote.
Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Exactly, and also invest in gold and silver right now, and if have exrta cash also invest in Bitcoin for long run...BTW for those who don't know this, most probably don't, you can use self directed IRA , instead of 401k, to invest in precious metals and digital currency, and even real estate.

Saying the above, I love my 2015 Ruby red pp GT. Adding FI is always more fun, but how offten can you really utilize it, I can barely use the cars potential as it is now in the New York Long Island area...
Go out to Calverton. 1st traffic light past the VA cemetery make a right then look to your right and there is the runway where they used to land F14's. The times I've been there nobody has bothered me you can make as many 1/4 mile passes as you'd like and you have plenty of room to slow down. Whenever I do something new to the car I take it there to test it out. This is the old Grumann facility. Enjoy and be careful happy motoring.

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
Wow great to know thank you!
Especially now when I sold the Ruby red and got a black stage two Whippled GT...I will definitely try it out, thank you!

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Exactly, and also invest in gold and silver right now, and if have exrta cash also invest in Bitcoin for long run...BTW for those who don't know this, most probably don't, you can use self directed IRA , instead of 401k, to invest in precious metals and digital currency, and even real estate.

Saying the above, I love my 2015 Ruby red pp GT. Adding FI is always more fun, but how offten can you really utilize it, I can barely use the cars potential as it is now in the New York Long Island area...
Go out to calverton to the old grumman plant they have some great inactive runways where you can use all the power your car has. If your heading east it's the first traffic light after the calverton national cemetery make a right and when you get in there look for a dirt road on your right follow that onto the airstrip. ENJOY. I'm not saying it's legal but most cops would rather see you there than going down the LIE.

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Mustang GT
I don't remember what you decided to do...but you could build a heads/cam Coyote now that Comp cams has released a series of camshafts for the Gen 3 Coyote. Stage 3R ported heads and after market stage 3 cams should be good for around 125 rwhp gain. Add in long tube headers, exhaust, and cold air intake and ported manifold, and you're making close to what a supercharged car would make, except N/A. Stage 3R ported heads run $1,800 from Modular motor sports racing (you send them your heads to work on), cam shafts are about $1,675 MSRP but can likely be had cheaper. An E85 tune would likely push the engine to well over 600 rwhp, N/A. I'll likely go with a Stage 3 port and polish job with stage 2 cams, for a bit more daily drivability, once my warranty is expired. I like the idea of a very powerful N/A car, over a supercharged Coyote.
600 at the crank maybe? You will never get 600 out of a ported heads and cammed coyote. And unless he is doing the work that’s going to be at least $6-7,000 total. For this you can get a supercharger that has better street manners and will beat the NA car (unless gutted)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
R U high. You would need to put more money in your coyote to get 600whp then a supercharger kit. Plus you would have to rev to 8000rpms at least. The coyote does not respond well to heads and cams. Then the car would be worthless as a daily driver. It would be less reliable than a supercharged coyote for sure. No cams are worth 125whp on a NA coyote. It would be very very difficult to do that on a supercharged coyote. If you send anything to MMR for them to work on it, throw it in the trash. You need to read some of the stories about there crappy work. I wouldn’t let them port my muffler. You better do some more research

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
For anyone who was engaged in this thread, the car is now at TPS Mototsports in Santa Clara but for a Roush supercharger install.

I had the Reische thermostat installed prior to supercharger installation drop off.

I'll update you all hopefully this week when I get my car back.

Last edited:

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
For anyone who was engaged in this thread, the car is now at TPS Mototsports in Santa Clara but for a Roush supercharger install.

I had the Reische thermostat installed prior to supercharger installation drop off.

I'll update you all hopefully this week when I get my car back.
Congrats! You won't regret going FI. And it will drive like it's OEM, only 50+% more power. Phase 1 or 2?

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Congrats! You won't regret going FI. And it will drive like it's OEM, only 50+% more power. Phase 1 or 2?
It's a Phase 2 Roush. I'm really looking forward to picking it up this friday

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
It's a Phase 2 Roush. I'm really looking forward to picking it up this friday
I picked mine 6MT 2021 couple weeks ago from the dealer after install of FP supercharger kit (same as roush phase2).

I'm genuinely impressed how daily driveability improved over stock,while keeping the MPG around the same as NA (maybe a tiny bit more). But man it pulls like a beast if you press gas pedal 😆😝.

Not long enough though as 1st gear is now useless and you get beyond all speed limits by the time you switch from 2nd to 3rd 😄. Still gazillions of fun and zero regrets. It made my car feel much more special to me.

Few pics posted if anyone interested: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/twister-orange-s550-mustang-thread.123415/post-3344173

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I picked mine 6MT 2021 couple weeks ago from the dealer after install of FP supercharger kit (same as roush phase2).

I'm genuinely impressed how daily driveability improved over stock,while keeping the MPG around the same as NA (maybe a tiny bit more). But man it pulls like a beast if you press gas pedal 😆😝.

Not long enough though as 1st gear is now useless and you get beyond all speed limits by the time you switch from 2nd to 3rd 😄. Still gazillions of fun and zero regrets. It made my car feel much more special to me.

Few pics posted if anyone interested: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/twister-orange-s550-mustang-thread.123415/post-3344173
Wow awesome pics, the stripes make the orange look even more awesome. I really liked reading that MPG stayed around the same as NA, of course up to certain RPM. I've been using premium gas in my car for over 3 years now since I did a C&L racer intake upgrade but it's nice to know that the difference in mpg will not be that much haha I mean gas prices are already bad lol.

One other cool feature I am getting is a digital display on the passenger side, it looks like this:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
lol…if my wife has my Speedo readout right in front of her, i would be in the doghouse even more than I already am, no thanks 😂
Ha! The faster I go... The further down in the passenger seat my wife slinks!

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Differential fluid is being changed
Transmission fluid is being changed
Coolant is added to the intercooler, a 50-50 Mix Amsoil Coolant.

They couldn't add my electric water pump, I was recommended to get a bigger radiator such as a Mishimoto.
Sponsored