Subwoofer replacement options

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I don't know about you all but I am disappointed in the whole B&O system. We compared it to my sons Shaker system in his 2015 50th anniversary GT and the B&O should NOT be so lame.
Have you tried to put it in the the Surround Sound mode?
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Shows you how far I have delved into the audio options, Earl as I didn't know a surround setting was available. Will certainly give it a try but I agree with Curtis, the B&O system, at least with the default options, leaves a lot to be desired.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I was so disappointed in my high dollar B&O system that I was considering not using it at all. My 2013 without the subwoofer made the B&O look bad, and the 2013 wasn't anything to brag about.

I just noticed that Ford never mentions the system power, only that it had 12 speakers and a subwoofer. That could explain the lack of volume.

The surround sound option helped with the volume and sound quality.

Felix341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hello. I'm new to this forum. Living the life in San Diego.
Got a question. Looking at a 2019 and one picture looks wrong.
Is that a after market sub or the factory cover is off?
I ask MustangJoe to help with a window sticker. Because it does not look like any I have seen.
1604264574102.png

Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
I replaced all the mids with JL Audio C2 Comps in the front and C2 Coaxials in the back. Running them off a 75 x 4 JL Audio amp. 12" Sundown in a box made for it and a JL Audio 1000 mono amp. Both amps tied into an Audio Control LC7i. I don't use the trunk for anything as it is not my daily driver so I don't mind the huge foot print. No Complaints other than I wish I had gone with the C3's like I did in my Truck.
ddd.jpg

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Hello. I'm new to this forum. Living the life in San Diego.
Got a question. Looking at a 2019 and one picture looks wrong.
Is that a after market sub or the factory cover is off?
I ask MustangJoe to help with a window sticker. Because it does not look like any I have seen.
1604264574102.png
Looks like factory sub OEM to me. No cover

20201023_155151.jpg

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have my doors completely apart and have to say the speakers look underwhelming at best....That being said i did decent amount of research and it appears that there is NO replacement speakers that provide any significant benefit in the stock setup.

Does anybody disagree with this? I am all for replacing the factory speakers but appears there is nothing to be gained....

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have my doors completely apart and have to say the speakers look underwhelming at best....That being said i did decent amount of research and it appears that there is NO replacement speakers that provide any significant benefit in the stock setup.

Does anybody disagree with this? I am all for replacing the factory speakers but appears there is nothing to be gained....
the tweeters are 8ohm, hard to find some with that impedance.
the doors mid are 2ohm, hard to find matching factory impedance.

but the 6.5's are all 2ohm or 4ohm depending on your car, ie. my 9 speaker car had all 4ohm, but the 12 speaker car had all 2ohm, which is twice the output in theory. but I tossed a 12 speaker amp from a 12 speaker amped car, so I decided to toss 2ohm 6.5 replacements in my car.

powerless has 2ohm replacements. if you decided you want to keep 4ohm they have a lot of 4 ohm replacements. but 2ohm much more difficult. mines the blue photo, and another photo off google

Going from 4ohm to 2ohm though in my case, was awesome. seriously, sounds way better. I dont know if you can toss 2ohm replacements on a car with 4ohms assuming the amp is the 9 speaker amp,

id like to say it wouldn't matter what amp it had? let someone else clarify.

4F9A8BB7-3027-4150-9DAA-08BB699B78FF.jpeg

C09F1CBB-ED0F-467A-B2A4-6A3361D9A82F.jpeg

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going from 4ohm to 2ohm will definately make a difference in volume but that would be aside from the fact of overall sound quality. I am not sure what ohm I have but i need to see if i can determine. Because i feel in general the overall B&O system is lacking volume.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Going from 4ohm to 2ohm will definately make a difference in volume but that would be aside from the fact of overall sound quality. I am not sure what ohm I have but i need to see if i can determine. Because i feel in general the overall B&O system is lacking volume.
I was overwhelmed with joy when I tossed the 2ohms in, and I actually used 3 ohm in rear, I wanted some fill, but not as strong as the others. I used GTO629's in rear (I had a single range speaker 4ohm) so I upgraded to 3ohm coaxial to get the 12 speaker experience, sounds good to me though.

oh boy covid has jacked prices ups I got mine for like 60 bucks on amazon, now they are 110.- if you go this route, I highly suggest keeping the little attenuator booster off on the tweeter; I turned them on thinking, more better. nope, way to bright , turned the button off, and sounded way better.
https://www.amazon.com/JBL-GTO629-Premium-6-5-Inch-Co-Axial/dp/B00ANIECRQ

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was overwhelmed with joy when I tossed the 2ohms in, and I actually used 3 ohm in rear, I wanted some fill, but not as strong as the others. I used GTO629's in rear (I had a single range speaker 4ohm) so I upgraded to 3ohm coaxial to get the 12 speaker experience, sounds good to me though.

oh boy covid has jacked prices ups I got mine for like 60 bucks on amazon, now they are 110.- if you go this route, I highly suggest keeping the little attenuator booster off on the tweeter; I turned them on thinking, more better. nope, way to bright , turned the button off, and sounded way better.
https://www.amazon.com/JBL-GTO629-Premium-6-5-Inch-Co-Axial/dp/B00ANIECRQ
What speaker/model did you use in the door?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
What speaker/model did you use in the door?
just looked to find them, and it appears power bass just dicosntinued them I cannot find them on Crutchfield or powerbass.com

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I found this on their discontinued section

2ohm. 7 inch, slightly larger than our 6.5

https://powerbassusa.com/us/en/products/closeouts/L2-700-7-full-range/

think these would work?
https://www.amazon.com/Powerbass-L2-700-Midrange-Speakers-2Ω/dp/B00EYR4AJM

edit. found em- discontinued. I bought mine open box from Crutchfield for like 70 bucks, I didnt use the crossover or anything. just tossed them straight in. powerbass said there would be no issues and havnt had any, didnt use tweeters as they are 2ohm too, no way would I touch those in replacement of 8 ohm, 4x louder. but would be fine if I used crossover which I didnt, too much effort lol

https://powerbassusa.com/us/en/products/closeouts/l2-6c-65-component-set/
Sponsored