Sponsored

Stupid mistake installing PP dash

psoto13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pablo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury; Previously: 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Race Red
So I was trying to install the PP dash in my 2018 non-PP GT last night and everything was going smoothly until my dumb ass realized I had the dash and the gauges but not the screws to hold the gauges in place. I decide to look in my toolbox for spare screws and found 4 screws that seem about the right size and fit. I place the gauges and start screwing and found out the hard way that they were a bit too long. Long story short, I f'd up the dash.

Anybody know where I can find the correct screws for the PP gauges?

Also, decided to buy another dash since I have no idea how to go about repairing it so if any one interested in buying a damage dash (just the center piece) send me a message.
20200201_134203.jpg
20200201_134201.jpg
20200201_134155.jpg
Sponsored

ChadPowell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
So I was trying to install the PP dash in my 2018 non-PP GT last night and everything was going smoothly until my dumb ass realized I had the dash and the gauges but not the screws to hold the gauges in place. I decide to look in my toolbox for spare screws and found 4 screws that seem about the right size and fit. I place the gauges and start screwing and found out the hard way that they were a bit too long. Long story short, I f'd up the dash.

Anybody know where I can find the correct screws for the PP gauges?

Also, decided to buy another dash since I have no idea how to go about repairing it so if any one interested in buying a damage dash (just the center piece) send me a message.
20200201_134203.jpg
20200201_134201.jpg
20200201_134155.jpg
That sucks, have you tried Tasca or The Parts Farm? What the harness for the gauges behind the radio?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ouch. Shit happens. Easily replaceable anyway. Live and learn. We all have been there multiple times.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
If it makes you feel better last night i changed out my sync2 to sync3 radio. When pulling out that peace the rear tabs on the center gauges one broked had to buy it in ebay maybe you can buy that part in ebay too.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I know this'll sound stupid.coukdnt you repair the holes with body filler.then custom paint it,maybe match your car color.you could use my color in gauges to match the color you paint.good luck

Sponsored

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
You could just cut the screws that you used in half

OP
OP
psoto13

psoto13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pablo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury; Previously: 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Race Red
If it makes you feel better last night i changed out my sync2 to sync3 radio. When pulling out that peace the rear tabs on the center gauges one broked had to buy it in ebay maybe you can buy that part in ebay too.
Ouch. I feel your pain man. Well, that's how you learn! I ended up buying it again from Ebay as well.

OP
OP
psoto13

psoto13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pablo
Vehicle(s)
I know this'll sound stupid.coukdnt you repair the holes with body filler.then custom paint it,maybe match your car color.you could use my color in gauges to match the color you paint.good luck
Thought about it but I really do want the machined aluminum look plus I don't have tools nor experience with filler and painting. Probably better just replacing it. Thanks for the suggestion though, appreciate it.

OP
OP
psoto13

psoto13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pablo
Vehicle(s)
You could just cut the screws that you used in half
Yeah after looking for the correct screws I might do that or just pick up some shorter ones from a hardware store. Wanted to find the OEM screws to make sure I don't mess it up again lol.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
IMG_20190701_222310298.jpg
Yeah after looking for the correct screws I might do that or just pick up some shorter ones from a hardware store. Wanted to find the OEM screws to make sure I don't mess it up again lol.
Yeah I don't blame you ...thoes performance pack dash are not easy or cheap to find ..when I did my swap ..mine had a few scratches on it ..so I decided to paint match mine orange fury

Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Good, cuz that's a lot of carbon fiber you got going on there. :-)

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Love the color,looks great.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Don’t throw out the damaged panel.

Put it out in the classifieds on here at a discounted price.

Someone can bang that minor dimple backwards, sand down the faux machined overlay and use a small amount of filler to level that blemish. Then they can either prep/paint any color or wrap it in a carbon fiber, hydro dip it or wrap in anything imaginable.

Did you try calling Levittown Ford on here and asking what the correct part number is for the screws?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
yup. I broke this Center gauge rear clips almost every one and the ac vents. had to buy a dash to replace the vents for an 18+ and a new cluster center gauge off eBay. all is well and perfect now.

Last edited:

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
go to Levittown ford online. they have all parts necessary. you should also be able to order the screws I believe 7mm torque online with no issues from any site once you know the size. just go to a ford parts list which they have on Levittown ford And order like 30. To me just as important but easier to find are the blue and white u clips that hold the dash in. Those get lost almost every time.
Sponsored

Last edited: