Sponsored

Stolen mustangs

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
All they need to do is start with any security cams and/or traffic cams going to and from the Dealership in an 3 to 5 mile circle. They'll get not only the theft of the GT500's leaving the lot and heading which way ....

But they will also see/find who dropped the thieves off to getting those vehicles and leaving too. It was more than just (2) who drove away... 2 people didn't walk there to commit a crime, they came with a group and were dropped off...

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
All they need to do is start with any security cams and/or traffic cams going to and from the Dealership in an 3 to 5 mile circle. They'll get not only the theft of the GT500's leaving the lot and heading which way ....

But they will also see/find who dropped the thieves off to getting those vehicles and leaving too. It was more than just (2) who drove away... 2 people didn't walk there to commit a crime, they came with a group and were dropped off...
With criminal masterminds now days, they probably took an Uber there and of course provided all their info to the app. :cwl:

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
That $1000 reward is sure to get someone to snitch. Lol! Make it $10k and maybe the phone will ring.

Sponsored

Mustang702000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.o , 2002 V6 convert
Yep, a grand is about an insult. More to make me believe inside job.
It damned pitiful crap like this goin on,but it has been for loooooooooooooooooong time.
I wonder if the trailer load of stangs stolen near Charlotte were ever found?
Have a good evening all. Dave

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Wouldn't have happened if the GT500 came with a manual like god intended. .
I was wondering how you'd register a stolen car or even sell it without title.then I thought if when my new suburban was stolen out if my drive.way.i recall asking the cops and they told me they'd go into a shipping container and be shipped to Guatemala where customs would be paid off and it'd be sold and then a title created and be gone.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I was wondering how you'd register a stolen car or even sell it without title.then I thought if when my new suburban was stolen out if my drive.way.i recall asking the cops and they told me they'd go into a shipping container and be shipped to Guatemala where customs would be paid off and it'd be sold and then a title created and be gone.
Yes - overseas shipment is usually what happens with a high end car theft...

These aren't stolen then repainted and driven around - or gutted for kit car/prior year Mustang drivetrain swap builds... They're too valuable to those wanting them and cash swaps hands very fast.

These cars are searched for, sought after and targeted by black market buyers, the thefts are well planned.

Think about it - a rural dealership that advertises online high end vehicles is an easy target for a pro-thief. They KNOW the response time to a break in will be much longer than at a facility located in a city setting, or one along major highways. By the time there is any Police on site or getting to it - they are G-O-N-E.

Aside from the Police seeking security cam/traffic light footage - they should also seek out any Gas Station within that same recommend 3-5 mile circle. I say this because USUALLY lot vehicles are not stored/parked with a full tank of gas, let alone even more than a 1/4 tank.... So those thieves would need to stop and refuel to get further to their destination - unless they met up with a rig to trailer them further.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Gone in 60 seconds.

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Yes - overseas shipment is usually what happens with a high end car theft...

These aren't stolen then repainted and driven around - or gutted for kit car/prior year Mustang drivetrain swap builds... They're too valuable to those wanting them and cash swaps hands very fast.

These cars are searched for, sought after and targeted by black market buyers, the thefts are well planned.

Think about it - a rural dealership that advertises online high end vehicles is an easy target for a pro-thief. They KNOW the response time to a break in will be much longer than at a facility located in a city setting, or one along major highways. By the time there is any Police on site or getting to it - they are G-O-N-E.

Aside from the Police seeking security cam/traffic light footage - they should also seek out any Gas Station within that same recommend 3-5 mile circle. I say this because USUALLY lot vehicles are not stored/parked with a full tank of gas, let alone even more than a 1/4 tank.... So those thieves would need to stop and refuel to get further to their destination - unless they met up with a rig to trailer them further.
Yeah, I bet these were loaded in an enclosed trailer almost immediately and discretely hauled out of town before anyone realized they were missing. Probably headed to the Middle East or Asia where they’ll join the collection of some very wealthy man.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Probably headed to the Middle East or Asia where they’ll join the collection of some very wealthy man.
Dunno about Asia, but wealthy people in Dubai or SA would just buy them normally. The money involved means absolutely nothing to them, they make that much in 15 minutes of doing nothing. They'd even pay someone to do all the paper-work and get it exported/imported.

More like Eastern Europe. The Balkans. Somewhere where they're really hard to get, and get into the country.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
100%

The security cameras were disabled.....most definitely an inside job.
They scoped the place out. Approached the dealerships night janitor, while he shopped a Dollar General. They gave him $1k to pour a cup of water on the security DVR on a specified date. When the janitor asked what they planned to do, they said the less he knew the better...

Coming to a theater near you in January 2023....

*deep voice off*