so my old car got stolen....

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Automatics will continue to run until they are turned off, I assume manuals are the same. On my '18 EB, if the engine is left idling for a period of time, I don't remember how long, it will automatically turn off unless you tell it not to with some kind of input.
I believe the timer is 20 minutes before it shuts off from inactivity.

Also, can he not simply see where the car is, via the Ford app...?
No because a 17 doesnt have FordPass, I think it's only 19 and up?

Honestly I meant to test if the car will let you drive with no keyfob detected but apparently it does....
Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Harleys will do this also. If the fob is in your garage close to the bike and you crank it and leave on it, you wont realize you dont have it until you switch off to get gas and then go to restart it. Ask me how I know

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
No because a 17 doesnt have FordPass, I think it's only 19 and up?
Model year 18s have it too; I think it's standard with the premium package (mine came with it) and optional with base. I set mine up because my car only came with one fob; so now at least I can lock and unlock the car with my phone.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Model year 18s have it too; I think it's standard with the premium package (mine came with it) and optional with base. I set mine up because my car only came with one fob; so now at least I can lock and unlock the car with my phone.
Gotcha, my car has it and it's a base. It's kinda neat but since manual cars don't get the remote start feature it's more of a novelty than anything. But in this case it would absolutely help a ton because man is that GPS location function scarily accurate.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Gotcha, my car has it and it's a base. It's kinda neat but since manual cars don't get the remote start feature it's more of a novelty than anything. But in this case it would absolutely help a ton because man is that GPS location function scarily accurate.
For sure. Once in a while, I get little notifications that the Ford CEO has a Covid-19 video for me to watch or whatever. And then it bitches at me if TPMS thinks my tire pressure is low (I've since fixed that problem). All in all, I think it's worthwhile. For me, I just wanted another way to get in if somehow that one fob I have went missing. One of these days I'll buy another fob on eBay and pay the money to have the dealer activate it.

Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
The 18+ cars won't go into gear on the auto with the key out

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Maybe it's a 401a? I have a 400a and don't have it

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I need to try the Ford Pass app my salesman told me to download it and use it and I never did. Didn’t think I’d have any use for it.
I used it religiously when mine was in the shop getting the trans replaced. That’s how I knew when they moved it to start working on it. Also used it to make sure they didn’t run any miles up while they had it.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Why would anyone leave a car running when going into a convenience store anyway? No need to do that; it's a push button start for Pete's sake! It sucks that it got stolen, but come on!

That said, if you're the thief, what's your plan?? You don't have the key, how will you restart it once it's at your house?

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I used it religiously when mine was in the shop getting the trans replaced. That’s how I knew when they moved it to start working on it. Also used it to make sure they didn’t run any miles up while they had it.
mhmm.... I may have to download it. Was it hard to get it set up. It’s all free??

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Why would anyone leave a car running when going into a convenience store anyway? No need to do that; it's a push button start for Pete's sake! It sucks that it got stolen, but come on!

That said, if you're the thief, what's your plan?? You don't have the key, how will you restart it once it's at your house?
I actually go to 7/11 sometimes and it's shocking how common it is that people do that. I guess the logic is you're gonna "be quick". Well so can a thief lol
mhmm.... I may have to download it. Was it hard to get it set up. It’s all free??
It's super easy to set up, you just download the app on your phone and follow the instructions to activate your car.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yessir all free. Just download the app and then plug your phone into the usb by the shifter (the one in the armrest won’t connect to the apps for some reason) and pull up the app screen and it’ll come up.

someone mentioned up thread about locking and unlocking the car via the app and I just dig around in there and I don’t see where or how to do that. I need to read up on that.

FordPass will show you the location, vehicle health reports and also your fuel level, mileage and oil percentage.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
yessir all free. Just download the app and then plug your phone into the usb by the shifter (the one in the armrest won’t connect to the apps for some reason) and pull up the app screen and it’ll come up.

someone mentioned up thread about locking and unlocking the car via the app and I just dig around in there and I don’t see where or how to do that. I need to read up on that.

FordPass will show you the location, vehicle health reports and also your fuel level, mileage and oil percentage.
Lock/unlock are two buttons on the main screen when you first log into the app

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lock/unlock are two buttons on the main screen when you first log into the app
Weird. Maybe it’s because I don’t have the A10? But not sure how that affects locking and unlocking.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and this is still my home
F0475BB3-A51A-4210-9A0A-B9EBEA34FFBF.png

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Weird. Maybe it’s because I don’t have the A10? But not sure how that affects locking and unlocking.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and this is still my home
F0475BB3-A51A-4210-9A0A-B9EBEA34FFBF.png
Well that is super weird, I don't have an A10 either, my car's a stick. Here's what mine looks like.
2Z2lgiF.jpg
Sponsored