Sponsored

Sto n Sho mount - PP1 vs PP2

car_designer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'm using the Sto n Sho license plate holder on my 2019 Mustang GT PP1. I wanted to mount it offset, but using proper PP1 mount and a factory hole the most offset I can mount it is what you see in the picture. The next hole over has the plate hitting the peak of the bumper.

Since the PP2 has the extension at the bottom of the bumper that sticks out further, would anyone know if the mounts are similar and it is only the rod length that is longer for the PP2 mount? If so, that may be what I need to mount it where I want to.

Would anyone with a PP2 Sto n Sho mount be willing to measure the length from the mounting plate where the license plate mounts to the notch that the lock pin sits in?

Thanks in advance.

33805750508_ae7661d881_c.jpg
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The mounts are very different.

The PP2 use two factory screw locations that are parallel to the front bumper for mounting the mounting plate

I believe the PP1 has the mounting plate longitudinal to the number(front to back) screw locations and the back screw needs to be drilled or a hole forced by screwing it in. I mounted one on a friend’s and the entire mount was different and the mounting holes on the PP2 do not exist on the PP1 as far as I can tell.

They are not interchangeable. In fact I think the PP2 mounting rails are shorter than the PP1 since the mounting bracket uses the front splitter extension screw holes for mounting and these do not exist on the PP1

OP
OP
car_designer

car_designer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The mounts are very different.

The PP2 use two factory screw locations that are parallel to the front bumper for mounting the mounting plate

I believe the PP1 has the mounting plate longitudinal to the number(front to back) screw locations and the back screw needs to be drilled or a hole forced by screwing it in. I mounted one on a friend’s and the entire mount was different and the mounting holes on the PP2 do not exist on the PP1 as far as I can tell.

They are not interchangeable. In fact I think the PP2 mounting rails are shorter than the PP1 since the mounting bracket uses the front splitter extension screw holes for mounting and these do not exist on the PP1
Thanks for the reply and info. I'll look at other options.

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Anyone need a Sto-n-Sho plate part number SNS62 ? I have one brand new still in the original box never used make me an offer and P/M me. Thanks Ed.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Hello again.

When I lived in NJ I looked at both the Sto n Show and Craig’s. The SnS mounted to low for a daily driver so I bought the Craig’s.

http://ccmustangbrackets.com/

8D80B2A1-3975-4C24-A781-79DF9C486A9C.jpeg

D86CA6B9-1C75-4D99-989D-8E3554923D35.jpeg
It looks like the second picture (the Craig Bracket), is screwed into the underside of the bumper? Is that the case?

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Anyone need a Sto-n-Sho plate part number SNS62 ? I have one brand new still in the original box never used make me an offer and P/M me. Thanks Ed.
I have a sto and sho also that I haven't installed. I am starting to have second thoughts and wonder if that is why you are selling your bracket.

1. It will cut of some air flow ventilation
  2. It might be to low and scrap the ground

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
It looks like the second picture (the Craig Bracket), is screwed into the underside of the bumper? Is that the case?
The Craig mount is held with adhesive tape to the underside of the bumper. Mine has been solid for 5k miles so far.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Good morning Howard. Just wondering why you are asking these same questions on multiple threads. Don’t you trust us? đŸ˜‚đŸ€Ł

Anyway as Siege said the Craig’s “No Drill” bracket uses tape not screws. I had it on my 15’ EB for almost two years with zero issues. I did a lot of research on the Sto n Sho. Both of the issues mentioned were the reasons I didn’t buy it. My car was a daily driver so ground clearance was critical. The Craig’s location is the same as the OEM bracket.

Both are excellent. If you are still not sure get both, check them out and decide. At this point there is honestly nothing else to say. 👍

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have the Sto N Sho PP2 mount and my PP2 uses smaller diameter tires making the car sit about 1/2" lower than the Pp1 or base GT. Only on those steep aprons or when there is a dip in the road before a driveway apron do I scrape the license plate. The bracket is untouched.

In truth, I love this about the Sto N Sho. I use it like an old school curb feeler. Better for the license plate to get scraped up than the underside of my car.
Sponsored