Cars.com compare the PP1 vs PP2

Tim Kiely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2008 HG Bullitt #4007, 2019 DHG Bullitt #0373
For the level of grip it has (PP2), IMO you'd be hard pressed to find a car that's more tame on the street.

However, if paying attention to the car, and your driving, annoys you, the PP2 is not the car for you. The tramlining does require near constant driver attention on rutted surfaces.

If you can deal with that though, it absolutely makes mincemeat out of backroads! And canyons. And mountain roads. And... I hear from those who have, it's a hell of a car on the track too.
Awesome to hear. What part of California are you in?
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I completely agree with both of you. I think a more astute observation by the reviewer should have been to say that to take full advantage of the PP2 capabilities, a road course is more
optimal. Those big old race tires want to go fast and hard, not putz around in daily traffic
Tires in that size are a bit on the high side, but you can certainly buy a longer lasting cheaper set for street driving and use the cups for the track. That will be my intended use case. I will have a set of wheels just for the track and re-shoe the stock wheels with a better road worthy tire. It also will be a third car for me and I like my other two so the driving will be spread out amongst them. That does not include my wife's car which we normally take when hauling the kids for their sports events or trips.

I was strongly considering a bullet, but I am not a fan of green on cars and getting the black one would to me defeat the purpose. I do consider it fairly special though, but the color is a deal-breaker for me. I hope you have lots of fun with it.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
And... I hear from those who have, it's a hell of a car on the track too.
Dude, you live like 30 minutes from Laguna Seca... go find out for yourself! It's not that hard!

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I completely agree with both of you. I think a more astute observation by the reviewer should have been to say that to take full advantage of the PP2 capabilities, a road course is more
optimal. Those big old race tires want to go fast and hard, not putz around in daily traffic
The kicker is, you don't have to drive race-track hard to appreciate a decently done wide tire/wide wheel/mild suspension mods setup.

It's a lot like having a PP1 and realizing the differences from 'base' wheels/tires/suspension . . . moved up a notch.

Norm

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
For the level of grip it has (PP2), IMO you'd be hard pressed to find a car that's more tame on the street.

However, if paying attention to the car, and your driving, annoys you, the PP2 is not the car for you. The tramlining does require near constant driver attention on rutted surfaces.

If you can deal with that though, it absolutely makes mincemeat out of backroads! And canyons. And mountain roads. And... I hear from those who have, it's a hell of a car on the track too.

Expect for the diif overheating every few laps issue.

Given GT350 owners sued over the same issue, I just don't get why Ford didn't address this. Their competition does.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Expect for the diif overheating every few laps issue.

Given GT350 owners sued over the same issue, I just don't get why Ford didn't address this. Their competition does.
This forum needs a beating dead horse emoji.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
*Are suing. Case isn't closed yet.

And it's because the only case that the GT350 lawsuit has is that Ford touted the GT350 as "track ready" without specifying what package is needed to be "track ready" (as if the name "track package" wasn't a clear indicator). They've been very careful about clarifying that the PP2 IS NOT a track car to avoid a potential lawsuit.

Leave the stupid lawsuit comments for Baron
Sponsored