Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I take the input signal from the factory head unit, flatten it out all equally using pink noise on the DSP and then tune the outputs to the each speaker for balance and use AccuBass to keep the bass level constant. So in essence when the factory bass rolls off, AccuBass kicks in and compensates for the roll off so nothing is attenuated or lost. Replacing the factory amplifier made this a lot easier of course. Thank God the head unit has variable line out.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
The Mosconi has a dynamic input EQ, but I have not used it yet. In theory you could dynamically flatten the bass input at low volume and have the flattening getting lower to higher volumes. Have to talk to the CTO of Mosconi about that.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
So i tried every single EQ setting in 727-01-02 and almost all combinations in 727-01-01.
I couldn't get rid of the bass boost. So whenever you tune a DSP in a Mustang, make sure to use player that definitely sends a flat output to the DSP like a notebook f.e.
Don't play the testtracks through the stock headunit.
Bass boost is gone at volume level 16 or 17 (or at least it's so low that it's unnoticeable).
So when you tune at volume lvl 10 and assume you have a flat signal you will loose bass output if you let it rolling on anything higher than volume lvl 10, and this will make the music sound a bit harsh at higher levels.
If you tune via playing the testtones from your laptop and have a measured flat response on the soundcard output you will always have a high to slight bassboost from the Ford ACM, but you will never be below flat with bass output.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The Mosconi has an RTA. Will do a Screenshot next time i am working on my car.

edit: attached screenshot shows different measurements.
Vol 3 is with highest bass boost. Starting at Vol 15 it's basically flat.

Screenshot 2022-03-19 162555.png
Hi @Cathul is this response curve the same as the front channels? I noticed your image shows this graph on the "rear input"

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I have routed the front channels on the rear output to make use of the internal measurement system of the Mosconi.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I have routed the front channels on the rear output to make use of the internal measurement system of the Mosconi.
Thank you. Just wanted to be sure this measurement was on the front channels. I don't use the rear channels and don't care what happens there.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Of course it makes things easier.
And no, i don't have a B&O system myself, but am informed about the B&O systems in general.
With the Mustangs up to model year 2020 the B&O was a relabled Sony system. From then on it has the A2B bus that is typical for the B&O.
If you have the B&O one of the many solutions like m0bridge, NavTV Zen, Metra AXDSPA2B or the Pac-Audio kit is the way to go for integration.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Thanks for your reply.

Trude1400

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rene
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Basic PP US-Version
I need to connect ACC from an Android Headunit that it will start.
Any idea which connector and PIN would be best that this ACC line gets +12 V as soon as I open my door?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
A generic Android headunit or a Dynavin D8 headunit?
And do you have the 4-inch screen or 8 inch screen Mustang stock radio?
I ask because with the 4 inch screen there is no audio enable in the connectors. With the 8-inch screen it would be pin 7 in connector C240A which is also the connector with the signal/speaker cables.
You need a relay though as the signal is only 6V, but it's easy to do with a T-harness.

Trude1400

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rene
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Basic PP US-Version
It is a Tesla Style headunit from Asia and will replace the 4" screen.
What about Fuse F5 inside at the rigth side front seat or PIN 13 or 26 on C2280C?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Pin 13 or 26 on C2280C are not suitable.
If it was a Dynavin it would have a solution integrated already, but for the Tesla style radios i have no idea as i never considered them to be worthy of an installation in my own car.
What does the manual of the radio say about accessory power?
Sponsored