Steeda Tune with Texas Speed catless headers

Buckeyeguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
So I ordered SCT BDX tuner with Steeda tunes for life for a 2016 GT. I have Texas Speed catless headers on order. When I was filling out the tune form I noticed it said "This will not turn the catalytic monitors off". Does that mean I can't use an offroad midpipe? If that's the case should I get high flow cats or put my money into a ported intake? Is there much power loss between the off road and high flow cat midpipes? The headers are on back order so it's not to late to change to high flow cats or go with a manifold instead.
Screenshot_20200423-133519_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
It will throw a code for the rear o2 sensors without the cats there so you'll have a check engine light come on. They used to be able to disable the rear o2's in the tune so that wouldn't happen, but they aren't allowed to do that any more due to emissions laws. If you don't mind having the engine light on and don't have to worry about emissions testing, I wouldn't worry about it.

OP
OP

Buckeyeguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
It will throw a code for the rear o2 sensors without the cats there so you'll have a check engine light come on. They used to be able to disable the rear o2's in the tune so that wouldn't happen, but they aren't allowed to do that any more due to emissions laws. If you don't mind having the engine light on and don't have to worry about emissions testing, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the Reply. I've done some research and most people recommend using defoulers.

Last edited:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
<5whp between catted and cattless LTH.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Follow up question. Can you use the studs or do you need to use bolts with the install?
Sponsored