Sponsored

Made 471whp with PBD E85 tune, JLT Intake and Texas Speed headers/xpipe (catted)

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
It's also a trek for me to PBD, so I just did a remote tune with them. Also, did you test your E85? Maybe it wasn't good fuel.

I would recommend the Florida E85 group for the best locations.
Funny you mention that, I bought a tester and it should be here Sunday. I hear the E85 station in downtown Orlando is quality.

Where's this Florida E85 group?
Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually went to one of the good E85 stations verified on that group. I had about 1.5 gallons of 93 left when I filled up, drove around about 20-ish miles and started to notice while the car was still learning the E85 that it was performing WORLDS better than when I filled up at the E85 station near me. pretty sure I got another 10-15 miles to fully clear out the 93 but I'm happy so far. Man when it's in park trying to learn the fuel it does sounds kinda like shit(occasionally RPMs dip really low). Hope this gets rid of some of the issues I had on E85 before. Thanks for the suggestions!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I actually went to one of the good E85 stations verified on that group. I had about 1.5 gallons of 93 left when I filled up, drove around about 20-ish miles and started to notice while the car was still learning the E85 that it was performing WORLDS better than when I filled up at the E85 station near me. pretty sure I got another 10-15 miles to fully clear out the 93 but I'm happy so far. Man when it's in park trying to learn the fuel it does sounds kinda like shit(occasionally RPMs dip really low). Hope this gets rid of some of the issues I had on E85 before. Thanks for the suggestions!
Couple things you can try for the learning. Instead of sitting drive it for 20 min keeping it between 2k-3500 rpm with no wot. Should be good. You can also use your handheld and just do a KAM reset.

Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple things you can try for the learning. Instead of sitting drive it for 20 min keeping it between 2k-3500 rpm with no wot. Should be good. You can also use your handheld and just do a KAM reset.
Is that the same thing as I CAM relearn? I have done that under direction from Lund once but they and most people on E85 say I shouldn't really do that unless Im troubleshooting something

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Is that the same thing as I CAM relearn? I have done that under direction from Lund once but they and most people on E85 say I shouldn't really do that unless Im troubleshooting something
KAM reset clears keep alive memory where fuel trims and other learned variables are stored. Especially helpful if you think your previous fuel was bad. Not sure what the CAM relearn you reference stands for.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KAM reset clears keep alive memory where fuel trims and other learned variables are stored. Especially helpful if you think your previous fuel was bad. Not sure what the CAM relearn you reference stands for.
Weird, I dont think I saw that option. I should probably update my ngauge anyway, it's firmware is currently at 262 lol

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I'm stuck, how do I do a KAM reset?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Well I'm stuck, how do I do a KAM reset?
Depends on your handheld. If you have an SCT it's under special functions. Nguage I'm not sure but sure theres a way. Or the other method is disconnect negative terminal on battery for at least 30 min. Longer to be extra thorough. Then reconnect. This should effectively accomplish the same as the handheld version.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
Good deal. Here's what I recommend. As long as you go to one of the good stations mentioned in the group, you don't need flex. Just run a straight E85 tune. If you need to go back to 93, just run it down and fill up with 93 and load a 93 tune.

I'm not running flex, just straight E85R tune. The car feels fantastic!

Personally I only go to Wawa by the airport and Citgo michigan for E85. Crystal clear fuel, smells sweet like sugar, always tests E85 minimum and often higher like E87-E89. Car loves it and I get maximum timing all the time.

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
Sammy where did you go to dyno? Im local in Orlando as well with a base 18 A10. Putting my 2m's on next weeekend.

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
Sammy where did you go to dyno? Im local in Orlando as well with a base 18 A10. Putting my 2m's on next weeekend.
I went to Lamotta Performance. They installed my mods and did a dyno, they have a dynojeyt.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've heard great things about Lamotta, and they're by my office in Altamonte. They also work with Lund tuning closely but I don't think they specialize in 2018+ GTs, at least they don't mention it. But a dyno is a dyno and they're Ford guys so no big deal. I wanted to set up a dyno day there but the Orlando S550 community is very...Independent lol. Everyone just does their own thing.

Anyway, I'll switch my tune to E85R right now, but should I do a KAM reset by disconnecting the battery for 30-45 min? I read that putting in a new tune should clear it anyway but just making sure.
Sponsored