Sponsored

Texas Speed (TSP) Headers

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I didn't have to remove any of the studs. I think i cut off a good 2" from the x pipe...1 inch off ea. side. I hope this info. helps!
Knowing they can be mounted using all original studs is very helpful, thanks for that. Im a little concerned that you had to trim your x-pipe, though. I want this to mate up to the OEM catback point. Do you think it would have been possible to slide the cats and/or midpipes further toward the collector so everything would line up with the OEM connection point?
Sponsored

Notsoslow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
Knowing they can be mounted using all original studs is very helpful, thanks for that. Im a little concerned that you had to trim your x-pipe, though. I want this to mate up to the OEM catback point. Do you think it would have been possible to slide the cats and/or midpipes further toward the collector so everything would line up with the OEM connection point?
I also installed mine using all OEM studs. I never ran into any problems using the studs & I simply preferred to use studs rather than bolts in the aluminum block. You will be able to use the stock cat back, it just may take some messing with. My connection pipes were actually bent, but TSP had fantastic customer service and actually sent out two new sets of connection pipes, then I simply sent back the un-used pipes and my original connection pipes. Once I had new connection pipes, it all went together perfectly.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
My Texas speed longtubes are supposed to be arriving today. I have the car at home with the driver side header already off, ready for new parts to go on.

Are you guys reusing the OEM MLS header gaskets, or usingbthe supplies gaskets with the new headers?

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use the stock OEM gaskets.

jsprek01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Performance Pack
I don't think I fully understand this angled O2 mod.

This is necessary if you run e85?
Is this done on front, rear or all 4 O2s?
I was going to get 2M Fabrication headers; if the O2 isn't tipped, I guess it off to an exhaust shop?

Sorry, just trying to understand what I need to do.

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Just got the driver side TSP header in. Fitment was perfect. I mean flawless. The o2s are already angled correctly for e85.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Edit...I just skimmed over this thread again and noticed some differences in the OP’s headers and mine. I know this thread is old so maybe TSP has changed things up? My upstream o2 sensors are angled unlike the some others I have seen, and the midpipes do not have bungs for the downstream o2 at all. I had zero issue with the midpipes sliding right on and ending exactly where the catback connection is. I was able to reuse all the studs on the driver side and everything bolted up beautifully. I have not started the passenger side yet and I know this will be much more difficult but I hope it continues to go smoothly.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Just got the driver side TSP header in. Fitment was perfect. I mean flawless. The o2s are already angled correctly for e85.
Edit...I just skimmed over this thread again and noticed some differences in the OP’s headers and mine. I know this thread is old so maybe TSP has changed things up? My upstream o2 sensors are angled unlike the some others I have seen, and the midpipes do not have bungs for the downstream o2 at all.
Interesting, I plan on running these headers but also E85, so I was a little concerned - sounds like it's worth scoring them new if there's been some revisions. Did you get cat'ed or catless?

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Interesting, I plan on running these headers but also E85, so I was a little concerned - sounds like it's worth scoring them new if there's been some revisions. Did you get cat'ed or catless?
I got catless. I’d venture to guess the catted version has bungs for the rear o2 but they really don’t do any good without cats so I suppose they assume you don’t want to run them. Weight reduction I guess. Lol.

I’m going to try and finish up tomorrow and will post some pics in case anyone else wants to reference what the current version looks like.

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
I am supposed to get mine put on this weekend. I just read the previous post about no rear o2 bungs. Will this cause a cel if using o2 spacers on the front?

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I am supposed to get mine put on this weekend. I just read the previous post about no rear o2 bungs. Will this cause a cel if using o2 spacers on the front?
Are your rear o2s turned off in your tune? I know mine are and many tuners will turn them off without even asking. All the rear sensors do is monitor catalyst efficiency so they are useless once the cats are gone anyway. You wouldn’t want to run spacers/defaulters on the upstream o2, those actually have an important job to do and you don’t want to limit their signal.

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
Oh so the spacers would go on the rear o2 sensor bungs if they were there. I have the Whipple tune. They said it would run fine but would have the check engine light. So what happens with the wires that connect to the rear o2 sensors?

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Oh so the spacers would go on the rear o2 sensor bungs if they were there. I have the Whipple tune. They said it would run fine but would have the check engine light. So what happens with the wires that connect to the rear o2 sensors?
Yes, spacers are only ever used on the rear. I unplugged my rear o2 from the connector completely. There is now just a plug with nothing plugged in on each side. They can easily be plugged back in if I ever need to.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Ok, finished up the install today. The passenger side is TIGHT. No getting around that. I removed the AC line stud and flipped the bracket upside down. No clearance issues there. My only complaint with the entire setup is the driver side header hangs down about 1/2” further than the passenger side. No real issues here...it just looks a little uneven when the rest of the exhaust is bolted up. I was able to tweak my catback so my tips still line up. But if you lay under the car and study it, you can tell it’s not quite symmetrical.

I drive the car about 30 miles. It is NASCAR loud and pulls strong. My Lund tune still adds timing and I see about 30* at redline on 93 octane. There is more STFT activity at part throttle than I’m used to seeing though. Maybe the car is still learning? How long should I give it before it has learned as much as it’s going to?
772DAF35-D2C9-4D37-91F7-FFF895554665.jpeg
2CF2F7D5-753B-48D6-8D6F-C905CB6F0615.jpeg

Last edited:

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Ok, finished up the install today. The passenger side is TIGHT. No getting around that. I removed the AC line stud and flipped the bracket upside down. No clearance issues there. My only complaint with the entire setup is the driver side header hangs down about 1/2” further than the passenger side. No real issues here...it just looks a little uneven when the rest of the exhaust is bolted up. I was able to tweak my catback so my tips still line up. But if you lay under the car and study it, you can tell it’s not quite symmetrical.

I drive the car about 30 miles. It is NASCAR loud and pulls strong. My Lund tune still adds timing and I see about 30* at redline on 93 octane. There is more STFT activity at part throttle than I’m used to seeing though. Maybe the car is still learning? How long should I give it before it has learned as much as it’s going to?
772DAF35-D2C9-4D37-91F7-FFF895554665.jpeg
2CF2F7D5-753B-48D6-8D6F-C905CB6F0615.jpeg
Great stuff. I just ordered some the other day. I got the long system.

Put of curiosity, is your engine completely level? If not, you could always shim one motor mount higher with a couple washers.
Sponsored