OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The Mach1 has basically the FR tune in aspect to the 10R80. When I spoke to an FR rep, they mentioned that the FR tune is heavily based on the Mach1 OEM tune file. Obviously there's other differences so it can't be 100% the same, but you pretty much have the best OEM 10R80 tunefile possible. You won't gain much from going with an aftermarket tune.
Yeah, that's the gest I'm getting. Seems to be a waste of money unless I start playing with E85 which it's not worth messing with warranty for that in my case.
Thanks EFI
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Got me there. But FR still means Ford Racing which I'm surprised you didn't guess. Maybe he should have said FP not FR????
I just wanted clarity as it's actually Ford Performance.
I thought maybe Ford Racing.
There are a lot of tuners out there I've never heard of though

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, I'm looking into different Tune options for my Mach 1 A10. I had a Steeda Tune on my 15GT Manual and was happy with it.
I'd like to know from anyone with a 18-21 A10 that has a Steeda Tune how it changed the shifting on the 10-speed
Thanks!
I have the Auto-Tune on my 2020 Mustang GT - Matt wrote the tune & I can say this. After I put the tune in with the Steeda CAI & launch the car hard ... the car breaks loose on each shift (I have the IRS kit so it doesn't get very loose). Ever since I installed the tune 2-years ago, I have had 0 issues with & you can definitely tell there is a difference between stock & the tune.

Everything is improved - from power to shift points.

You won't be disappointed.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Matt said he is still awaiting the final steps on SCT's end to finish the tune - it should be soon (fingers crossed).

TJ

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is that a good/desirable thing nowadays?
Just re-affirming the power that has been provided since adding the tune. I am not launching like that every time... but when pushed compared to the stock tune, it is a very noticeable increase (since breaking loose on the shift points was nonexistent stock).

Having a wheel chirp here & there is not too shabby :)

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Just re-affirming the power that has been provided since adding the tune. I am not launching like that every time... but when pushed compared to the stock tune, it is a very noticeable increase (since breaking loose on the shift points was nonexistent stock).

Having a wheel chirp here & there is not too shabby :)
I agree, I want more chirps and power consistently! That’s why we own these things!
But , I don’t have a 20gt, I’ve got a Mach 1.
How many Mach’s has Steeda had to test with is what concerns me

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Matt said he is still awaiting the final steps on SCT's end to finish the tune -
Go HP the fine print in the terms of service are much more friendly.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
it is a very noticeable increase (since breaking loose on the shift points was nonexistent stock).
yeah that's a bad tune in my book unless limited to drag strip. I absolutely do not want driveline or tire disruption shifting up or down. The MY20 F150 tune (well, I'm not sure if Unleashed Tuning tweaked the A10 tables) does a lovely job of rounding off shifts in Sport mode and melds them nicely on the way down too while bombing into a curve.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Having a wheel chirp here & there is not too shabby
I guess when you're trying to drive around like a gorilla on the street, that's "cool".

At a drag strip or road course, the last thing you want is to break loose your tires on every shift and start to lose control. Spinning ain't winning.

Sponsored

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait for that steeda tune!
I notice a big Difference between the Mach 1 and FP tune. The FP was aggressive in a good way, The Mach 1 feels more mannered, Like sport + is a track light for the Mach 1. I like the more aggressive Sport + the FP had then have a more linear, smoother track mode as both have.
Is one based off another...sure, maybe, similar but noticeable different.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah that's a bad tune in my book unless limited to drag strip. I absolutely do not want driveline or tire disruption shifting up or down. The MY20 F150 tune (well, I'm not sure if Unleashed Tuning tweaked the A10 tables) does a lovely job of rounding off shifts in Sport mode and melds them nicely on the way down too while bombing into a curve.
Appreciate your opinion but will disagree.

Thank you,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess when you're trying to drive around like a gorilla on the street, that's "cool".

At a drag strip or road course, the last thing you want is to break loose your tires on every shift and start to lose control. Spinning ain't winning.
As mentioned, when getting on it at a stop, close to WOT, the car is going to react ... its a performance car.

Any of the Steeda Performance Vehicles - that I have had the pleasure of driving or riding in for R & D had the same power opportunity.

Our tunes are written to be safe, power & reliable ... Matt can always write tunes to suit your needs but the one I have, I am very happy with.

Thank you,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, I want more chirps and power consistently! That’s why we own these things!
But , I don’t have a 20gt, I’ve got a Mach 1.
How many Mach’s has Steeda had to test with is what concerns me
The owner has one that are we continuously testing ... we also have built several Steeda Performance Vehicle Mach 1s that we did R & D on before they were returned to their customer (all with their approval of course):

1642169116627.png

1642169135374.png

https://www.fordmuscle.com/news/steedas-dario-orlando-adds-2021-mach-1-to-his-personal-pony-paddock/

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As mentioned, when getting on it at a stop, close to WOT, the car is going to react ... its a performance car.

Any of the Steeda Performance Vehicles - that I have had the pleasure of driving or riding in for R & D had the same power opportunity.

Our tunes are written to be safe, power & reliable ... Matt can always write tunes to suit your needs but the one I have, I am very happy with.

Not trying to set records or win championships ... just wanted a fun street car & I am good with how it runs.

Thank you,

TJ
Sponsored