Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Some pretty cool testing with Koni - check out the video & take a look at Koni's Active Suspension - worth a watch:

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Interested to see what you all do with the Steeda performance edition mentioned at the end. First question that pops into my head is about spring pairing. I'd really would like to see a best of both worlds shock absorber tuned to a more aggressive spring. Would this pair better with a progressive or linear spring? I loved my dual comp springs on my last Mustang but this sort of system doesn't seem to be a good fit for that aggressive of a spring. Or will it?

I'm also curious about how responsive the shock will be to changes during "spirited" driving. Electronic suspensions have the luxury of having a driver input what their intentions are whereas this is based on real world feedback. I can see suspension modifications playing a role in how this system will work. I guess the biggest trick to figure out is how to minimize transition times between 1Hz and 10Hz as there is no obvious way to tell the shock "I want full on stiff riiiiiiight now".

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
These look awesome! I'm also interested to see what Steeda will do with their own version (sounds like their may be one), and how well these will pair up with Ultralites and the Dual Rates.

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
I would like to know if these new active shocks would make a more comfortable ride? I live in the Chicago area and our roads are pretty bad here. I have the progressive springs and pro action shocks at the moment and sometimes it feels like my car is going to break if I drive over those road buckles. Are the progressive springs compatible with the new active shocks?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to know if these new active shocks would make a more comfortable ride? I live in the Chicago area and our roads are pretty bad here. I have the progressive springs and pro action shocks at the moment and sometimes it feels like my car is going to break if I drive over those road buckles. Are the progressive springs compatible with the new active shocks?
Should be much more comfortable. There's a section of the video where he drives over some grass and you can see how much more smoothly the active suspension glides than the OE equipment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We will pair these with our springs when we do our comprehensive testing. We will provide recommended packages as we do with our current set-ups, comfort, track, etc.

More to come ... but yes, these things look awesome!

TJ

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
We will pair these with our springs when we do our comprehensive testing. We will provide recommended packages as we do with our current set-ups, comfort, track, etc.

More to come ... but yes, these things look awesome!

TJ
Please inform when you do. I will be very interested in any set-up that makes the day-to-day driving comfort better in my 2015 GT. I am not nearly as concerned with the handling as I am with something that is a little less harsh when you hit a bump. Thanks!

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I assume this is only going to work with 18+ models that have the Magneride option?

Or is there a way to retro-fit a standalone controller in other non-magride cars?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I assume this is only going to work with 18+ models that have the Magneride option?

Or is there a way to retro-fit a standalone controller in other non-magride cars?
Should work with non-MR cars easier than the MR ones. From what I'm understanding, these replace your standard shocks/struts (without a separate controller). As a very uninformed guess, I would estimate the hierarchy to be something like: Stock < PP < ProActions < Active < MR

I'm only putting MR at the top because of the way it comes tuned from the factory and seems to have a great improvement, but it also comes down to how you plan to use the car. Coilovers would also have a place somewhere in there too.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s for cars that didn’t come with Magneride, based on the feedback I have received.

TJ

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It’s for cars that didn’t come with Magneride, based on the feedback I have received.

TJ
So what is "active" about this suspension, or what is different than the 15-17 Koni dampers?

Does it act like a car with Magneride but without the controller and all that stuff?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Interesting.

Sounds like it might have to work in a somewhat similar way to Ricors or Edelbrock's IAS shocks.

Norm

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
So... sounds like this could work on 15-17 GT as well not just 2018s?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase