Steeda Comfort Active suspension package

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes & Chassis' started by rucus0101, Feb 3, 2020.

1. rucus0101

rucus0101 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Matthew
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Mustang GT PP1
    0   0   0
    I just installed the Steeda Comfort active suspension package. It includes their progressive lowering springs and their special active struts / shocks. I added the camber plates, the bump stops, and spacers to the kit. I live in Houston and was worried about clearance so I added the spacers for front and rear to retain some ride height.

The car is a 2020 GT PP1 (no Magna). I really tried to get a Magna but it's difficult to find an A10 Magna (dealers really should order). Before the package the car rode horrible. The dampers did not seem to do a good job of controlling the springs. When you would hit expansions joints etc the car would porpoise and feel like you were losing control of it. Not only was it a crappy ride it felt like you were not controlling the car.

After installation the car was lowered 5/8" in the front and 1/2" in the back. It's a small but noticeable drop. Both the ride quality and handling are significantly improved. It rides / drives a lot like my old 3 series did. Small bumps and pavement imperfections are not felt anymore (You can hear them but cant feel them). Large hits are not quite as jarring as they were. The purpoising is drastically improved. You get a once bounce then return to level vs a see-saw effect. The handling seems to be much improved as well. I went out and pushed the car pretty hard this weekend and was not disappointed. The transition in and out of hard turns is very smooth and controlled. I had no problem pushing it at high speed through turns and maintaining a very good line with confidence.

I couldn't be happier with the package and anyone looking for some improvement should consider it. Steeda's customer support is among the best I have dealt with and that makes all the difference in a product. I have the old springs / struts still so I will need to find something to do with them...

Matt

2. thebaldlatino5.0

thebaldlatino5.0 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Carlos
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
    0   0   0
    It is the best, been dealing with them the past few months. Great service, and their people when you ask for assistance are very friendly and helpful.

3. 757DRVR

757DRVR Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Fred
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Premium Ruby Red
    Retired Airline Pilot
    0   0   0
    You mentioned it drives like a 3 series. The best driving car I've ever had was a 2002 BMW M5. Suspension was firm, but not harsh. Previous to that I had a 1988 325is. I tried improving the suspension with Koni shocks and Eibach springs. Oh was that a mistake. I could feel every pebble. I was thinking the Steeda comfort would give my 2016 GT a ride more like my M5. Would you say the comfort is firmer than stock, but not harsh?

Thanks,

Fred

4. OP
    OP
    rucus0101

First Name:
    Matthew
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Mustang GT PP1
    0   0   0

The springs are progressive so it's hard to compare to stock linear springs. The progressive are intially "softer" than the stock but firm up as they get compressed. That allows the springs to ride softer and assist in body roll as the side to side spring rates diverge quickly upon compression. I had a "stock" performance pack 1 so I am not sure how it compares to a stock GT level suspension. The steeda springs give a bit more on initial movements along with the active shocks having less dampening initially so you don't feel the small stuff much at all. The car has less body roll and more control than the stock PP1 suspension so I would say that it is an upgrade in both ride comfort and in body control. Stiff isnt bad, harsh is bad. The car is still "stiff" but you dont feel the minute cracks as much and it is more controlled. The stock car would pitch the nose up and down a bunch as you go over expansion joints etc but it rides much flatter now. On hard launches you would also notice the pitching as the transmission shifted but now it seems to be much more controlled. Let me know if you have any more questions.

5. tj@steeda

[email protected] Well-Known Member
    Diamond Sponsor

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Steeda Mustang
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    Hello Fred,

Happy to help put you in contact with one of our sales professionals to assist ... though, Matt did a nice job!

Also, we have nice forum, military, first responder & health care discounts for this fighting COVID-19 ... don't hesitate to let me know if we can help assist.

Best Regards,

TJ

757DRVR likes this.
  6. Vstang2

Vstang2 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT
    0   0   0
    I have the Comfort package and couldn't be happier. I rides pretty good just normal driving but less bouncy like the factory was. When I decide to play Abit and get a tad agressive with a turn of 2 I'm amazed how flat the car sticks to the road and just goes. This S550 truly is a special platform. I've not been disappointed with anything Steeda so far. I'm awaiting a Steeda tune and still want a Tri-ax shifter and stop the hop kit!

7. Mikepol2

Mikepol2 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT, 2015 Chevy Silverado 6.2L
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    This is the height I was going for too with a PP1 - how exactly did you do it? What spacers are you talking about?

8. shogun32

shogun32 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT+PP, EB+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
    Garage Profiles:
    Software Engineer
    0   0   0
  9. OP
    OP
    rucus0101

First Name:
    Matthew
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Mustang GT PP1
    0   0   0

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-...h-Steeda-Camber-Plates-2015-2020_p_12744.html

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-billet-rear-spring-spacer-1-4-inch-555-8251.html

You want the 1/4" because the motion ratio of the rear spring is 2:1. The front spacer is made in two formats. One works with the stock shock mount the other works with the camber plates. I put the steeda camber plates in.

Mikepol2 likes this.