Sponsored

Steeda LCA Spherical Bearings

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
For those of you who installed Steeda LCA Spherical Bearings did you press them in your self or did you bring it to a shop to do it. For those that did it yourself can you post a picture of the press you used or a link to the one you bought? Thanks.
Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
It was very difficult. A 10 ton press did nothing, and even the 20 ton press only barely pushed out one side. I had to cut the other side out with a sawzall. I recommend letting a shop struggle with this one.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
I've got a 30 ton shop press and I pushed the rubber out of the steel shell. Then I used a hammer and chisel to collapse the shell. If you don't have a decent sized shop press and you aren't good with a hammer and chisel, have a shop do it for you....

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
i had a shop do it for me but to have no down time i bought a set off The Parts Farm and had them pressed in that so when it came to install it was simple swap out. There is someone of FB who is selling his with BMRs version already pressed in

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
You want a bushing screw tool thats big enough, a good vice to hold things, and a helper set of hands, we couldn’t budge mine with the shop’s press. It also requires disassembling pretty much the entire the rear suspension, so its much easier with a lift.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I’ve got the BMR ones on mine but I had a shop do it.

We were going to DIY it but ran out of time and the shop where I rented the bay and was going to do it didn't have the right press to do it correctly anyways. So I had no issue paying to have it done.

Like @NightmareMoon said you’re going to have to practically take the whole rear suspension apart so having it on a lift makes the job much easier.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the car up on a lift and it was still a pain in the ass (and back). I expended so much energy getting the bearings in that when it came time to put everything back together, I was hating life.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Local shops wanted 100-150$ to press them out, Harbor Freight 20ton during Black Friday sales with other coupon cost me 112$ OTD. It was still a bitch to do it. Needed to Jimmy it in to make it perfectly square and even then I caught a sliver of aluminum on one.

https://www.harborfreight.com/20-ton-shop-press-32879.html

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Wow. Pricey. Shop here charged me $55, and not a cheap area here at all.
I thought the same thing, thats why i bought mine. 55$ i wouldve had a shop do it 100%. but 2 shops around here stated 1 to 1.5 hours of labor. Im like ive been a ASE tech for 20 years, who TF takes a hour to press out bearings on LCA's that are already off the car. its a 10 min job at most each side

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If a decent 10 or 20 ton press would do it no problem I’d buy one and do it myself but looks like I’d struggle with this especially doing it myself with no helper.

It’s going to be a pain in the ass just taking off the LCA’s. I’m going to check local shops to see what they will charge to press out the factory and press in Steeda’s.

Thanks everyone

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good idea. It doesn't seem that hard a task to DIY, but it is ridiculous.

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know of a place that i can send my spherical bearings, they press them into a spare set of LCA's, send them back to me and after installing the new LCA's i can send back the one's i take off the car? I'd like to do the job by just swapping out LCA's?

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a guy that sells the whole LCA with the BMR BK055 bearings and will refund you the cost of the LCA if you send yours back to him. I have his info on my other PC; I'll look it up for you this weekend.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
slice thru the metal band makes things a lot easier. If a sawzall is too much, a manual hacksaw will do the business. If slowly. If I had some liquid N2 I might try that next time.
Sponsored