OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I'm going to be putting on steeda toe links when I reassemble, might be a mistake not to do the camber arm while it's all apart but I haven't had issues with rear camber yet.
I already have the Steeda rear camber kit but I like the easier adjustability and the beefiness of the rear adjustable camber arms besides I already bought them.
Sponsored

Bobombo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
I used an impact gun and rented this from autozone https://www.autozone.com/loan-a-too...joint-and-u-joint-press-set-23-piece/449947_0

Just play around with the set and you find the right combination. You might have to press out half way and use a longer tube to press all the way out because the clamp is not quite large enough to accommodate bushing and long tube.

Also make sure you sit it correctly before pressing.

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I used an impact gun and rented this from autozone https://www.autozone.com/loan-a-too...joint-and-u-joint-press-set-23-piece/449947_0

Just play around with the set and you find the right combination. You might have to press out half way and use a longer tube to press all the way out because the clamp is not quite large enough to accommodate bushing and long tube.

Also make sure you sit it correctly before pressing.
I had seen a youtube video of someone using this tool kit and that's what i was thinking of getting and see how it works out. Thanks

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
The autozone 23 piece kit is definitely helpful, especially for getting the new parts pushed in. It's just highly questionable if you will be able to get the bushings (the RLCA ones, at least) out without using a hydraulic press.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The autozone 23 piece kit is definitely helpful, especially for getting the new parts pushed in. It's just highly questionable if you will be able to get the bushings (the RLCA ones, at least) out without using a hydraulic press.
Many have had success getting a sawzall in the bushing and then cutting the bushing race. Pushing it out after that is much easier.

Sponsored

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Many have had success getting a sawzall in the bushing and then cutting the bushing race. Pushing it out after that is much easier.
I've used this method as well (when replacing all the IRS bushings) and worked great for me.

Bobombo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
I used that kit to press the RLCA bushing out/in without a problem, just the right combination.

There is no need to cut anything if you do it right.

I also used it for the knuckle to toe link bearings although I had extra socket to press them out.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I had to cut one of my RLCA bushings out because the 20 ton press wasn't enough, so obviously the Autozone kit didn't make a dent in it. My point is, prepare for a struggle.

MICHPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Is it an issue if you nick the control arm (maybe a millimeter deep) when cutting the bushing’s outer sleeve?

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I recommend using a light coat of something like WD-40 on the install of the bushing to help it press in more easily. Even pressing them in will give a 20 ton press a helluva workout.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I am working up the courage to install the Steeda RLCA bearings that I've had since my previous Mustang. Having studied up on several threads, I think that I can get the control arms out and the bushings out without too much problem.

My concern is taking them to a shop to have them pressed in successfully. I've read some guys go to speed shops, regular shops, even machine shops.

How do I go about finding the right place and price?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If you can get the bushings and sleeves out on your own, buy yourself a 20 ton hydraulic press and press the new ones in yourself. Here’s a pic of my buddy and me using his 20 ton press to install the new bearings. Pressing them in was easier than pressing the factory sleeve out. Note: My buddy turned down the aluminum press puck that Steeda supplied with the beadings, so that it fit precisely inside of the sleeve.

Steeda if you guys are reading this, this mod makes the press puck much easier to use.

3A9AE351-4E23-481E-AC9F-D5186F0B9F29.jpeg

DBBE7D03-767F-4095-963F-003C8AAF8262.jpeg

EEF93685-36DC-450C-9493-3FA555F3D36D.jpeg

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I have absolutely zero space to keep a big floor press, but thanks for the suggestion.
If on the other hand, you think that I should press them in myself once I find some place that will allow that, then that's different. I just wonder if I should find a place where they have the various support pieces, plus experience with pressing bushings.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’d say if you can get the factory bushing and sleeve out yourself, it would be worth about $75 to have a good machine shop press the two bearings in. If you decide to have the shop do the whole job, $150 seems fair to me.
Sponsored