OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I know they are two different sounds, h pipe was what I was originally going to go with. But the Borla switchfire sounds pretty good and not as raspy as a regular x pipe.
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I know they are two different sounds, h pipe was what I was originally going to go with. But the Borla switchfire sounds pretty good and not as raspy as a regular x pipe.
Contrary to popular belief X-Pipes do not flow more CFM’s.
A oval sweep style X cross over is another discussion but no one is building off the shelf S550 oval exhaust systems.
$500.00 + vs. $250.00, that’s an easy choice for me.
Shifteck has a few affordable options.

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
After doing an absurd amount of reading and watching YouTube videos, I went with an MRBP x-pipe and I've been really happy with it. Anecdotally, it seems that the rasp of an x-pipe is dependent on how close it is to the headers. The MRBP is farther back than most, and I think that helps it sound deeper at lower rpms, but really wail like a Coyote should at 5k and up.

It's also a lot lighter than a switchfire, and a slip fit on the rear connections vs the cut-and-clamp style. IMO, that's a more secure connection and I never had problems with tip alignment after the install. If you're gonna weld yours, that's less of an issue.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
After doing an absurd amount of reading and watching YouTube videos, I went with an MRBP x-pipe and I've been really happy with it. Anecdotally, it seems that the rasp of an x-pipe is dependent on how close it is to the headers. The MRBP is farther back than most, and I think that helps it sound deeper at lower rpms, but really wail like a Coyote should at 5k and up.

It's also a lot lighter than a switchfire, and a slip fit on the rear connections vs the cut-and-clamp style. IMO, that's a more secure connection and I never had problems with tip alignment after the install. If you're gonna weld yours, that's less of an issue.

The Switchfire is 11.2lbs vs 7.6lbs give or take.

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I saw 20 lbs for the switchfire, but if you've put one on a scale I'll take your word for it. I never weighed the MRBP, so I can't comment on the exactly weight there. The MRBP is a lot less expensive, and I won't deny that was a consideration too.

Sponsored

CRS77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Enjoying my Steeda H pipe.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I saw 20 lbs for the switchfire, but if you've put one on a scale I'll take your word for it. I never weighed the MRBP, so I can't comment on the exactly weight there. The MRBP is a lot less expensive, and I won't deny that was a consideration too.

Sorry actually 11.8lbs...with box 20lbs.'

1652490982902.png

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I am running Borla on mine with long tubes. With the SwitchFire the exhaust sounds much smother and more throaty.
The design I believe is great!
Hi I was running a Steeda H Pipe with my stock active exhaust setup. I didn’t like the sound too much. It sounded too raw without sounding smooth.
I’m thinking of the switchfire. Do you think it sounds smoother in your opinion than the h pipe ?.
I’m talking about low rpm Town driving.

thanks

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
Hi I was running a Steeda H Pipe with my stock active exhaust setup. I didn’t like the sound too much. It sounded too raw without sounding smooth.
I’m thinking of the switchfire. Do you think it sounds smoother in your opinion than the h pipe ?.
I’m talking about low rpm Town driving.

thanks
SwitchFire will be the smoothest sound possible in my opinion

Sponsored

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I am running Borla on mine with long tubes. With the SwitchFire the exhaust sounds much smother and more throaty.
The design I believe is great!
Will it just replace a steeda Hpipe ?.
no More cutting required?.
I think the hpipe is 32” and the switchfire 33” but the switchfire has larger holes for the pipes to slot into.

PopsMustang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I will be honest on my 2015 I had the H Pipe with Corsa Extreme and the sound was a bit more high pitched than I wanted. I know you get what you get with Corsa Extreme. I bought my 2020 and immediately replaced the MBRP Race it had with LTH, Borla S Type and the Switchfire. I love the way the car sounds. There is no comparisons to the other two setups I had driven in. The sound is pretty deep and very little rasp until about 6k RPM. No drone and just a unique sound IMO. Here is a short pull with the windows down.

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
Will it just replace a steeda Hpipe ?.
no More cutting required?.
I think the hpipe is 32” and the switchfire 33” but the switchfire has larger holes for the pipes to slot into.
honestly I’m not sure on more of less cutting. I would imagine they are very similar. The exhaust flow is smoother through the Borla design for sure plus the scavenging effect is definitely better. I have it behind Kooks long tubes into the factory active exhaust. Not raspy not obnoxious, unless I want it to be. Overall I am thrilled with the Borla pipe!

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
honestly I’m not sure on more of less cutting. I would imagine they are very similar. The exhaust flow is smoother through the Borla design for sure plus the scavenging effect is definitely better. I have it behind Kooks long tubes into the factory active exhaust. Not raspy not obnoxious, unless I want it to be. Overall I am thrilled with the Borla pipe!
What I’m really after is a resonated h-pipe or x-pipe but I can’t find any on the net. Not sure if they exist even?.

but with the steeda Hpipe the car sounded good but the sound was too raw for me. It just didn’t have that element of refinement I’m looking for. I think the SwitchFire will offer this better than the Hpipe ?.

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
What I’m really after is a resonated h-pipe or x-pipe but I can’t find any on the net. Not sure if they exist even?.

but with the steeda Hpipe the car sounded good but the sound was too raw for me. It just didn’t have that element of refinement I’m looking for. I think the SwitchFire will offer this better than the Hpipe ?.
Yes your looking for a resonator or a muffler that will take some of the harshness out. There really isn’t any space
Sponsored