Sponsored

American Racing Headers and Borla Switchfire X pipe.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Has anyone done this combination on an 18+. I have been running the Switchfire since before they were called Switchfire and love it. I am considering adding the ARH but concerned that the combination might just be too loud. I would consider adding in resonators to the set up if needed.
Sponsored

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Has anyone done this combination on an 18+. I have been running the Switchfire since before they were called Switchfire and love it. I am considering adding the ARH but concerned that the combination might just be too loud. I would consider adding in resonators to the set up if needed.
Good question PKs and hopefully you will get an answer soon, but perhaps adding in a few more details/variables may assist with a more accurate answer, especially if from Non AUS. e.g. The rest of the exhaust is stock (OEM with Active valve). Also if you are considering the high flow green cat's or the less dense normal high flow cat's. I still have to put mine on but from what I have read, and now first hand from a recent AUS install, perhaps the more dense green cat's maybe a bit quieter than the non-green ones? I’ve first hand heard a number of 18+ with the Chinese X-force headers with their cheap high flow cat's with X and H resonator deletes with the rest of the OEM active, and they are LOUD! Anyway, more info may reveal a better outcome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Good question PKs and hopefully you will get an answer soon, but perhaps adding in a few more details/variables my assist with a more accurate answer, especially if from Non AUS. e.g. The rest of the exhaust is stock (OEM with Active valve). Also if you are considering the high flow green cat's or the less dense normal high flow cat's. I still have to put mine on but from what I have read, and now first hand from a recent AUS install, perhaps the more dense green cat's maybe a bit quieter than the non-green ones? I’ve first hand heard a number of 18+ with the Chinese X-force headers with their cheap high flow cat's with X and H resonator deletes with the rest of the OEM active, and they are LOUD! Anyway, more info may reveal a better outcome.
Thanks for that input AJ. Yeah I was a bit slack on details with not considering that our US friends have more choices in their car builds than the one offering that we get from the factory.
OK, I have the 5 Litre GT with active exhaust and Borla Switchfire X pipe resonator delete. No other mods that would change the exhaust note such as being supercharged or turbocharged. It has the OEM mufflers.
I am considering adding ARH headers with green cats and retaining the Switchfire in the mix. Just wondering if I may also need to add a couple of resonators in there. Particularly when our EPA maximum noise is 90 decibels not your 95.

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Surely I do not have to be the guinea pig once again in trying out this combination. With the yet to be named Switchfire even Borla could not supply a sound clip when I was asking around. I made a leap of faith then and was impressed with the product when I fitted it. Looks like once I can afford to buy a set of American Racing Headers I will try out the combination and hope for the best.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Will those Headers fit on the Switchfire?

Sponsored

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Will those Headers fit on the Switchfire?
I spoke to an Australian supplier of both the headers and Switchfire the other day and I was told yes they would.

Last edited:

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
I spoke to an Australian supplier of both the headers and Switchfire the other day and I told yes they would.
Yep agree. I have both items presently unfitted in boxes, as I was going to do this but changed my mind and went full 3” S-Type Cat-back. Need to sell the new switchfire. Maybe someone will want it with the 19 OEM quad active Cat-back system I took off for an FM with dual rear valance so they can have quads?
Sponsored

Reactions: PKs