Which mid pipe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Ordered my new 2022 Oxford White 401a with Black accent package, A10, 3.55, active exhaust, and B&O sound.

I just wanted to get opinions from those who have the H pipe and the Borla Switchfire. They both sound good on video but of course it’s always different in real life. Thanks!
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Steeda H-Pipe
1-Quality built 304 Stainless
2-Lightweight.
3-Great sound with any OEM 18+ axle back.
4-Great price point

Borla Switchfire
1-Complicated maze of piping and welds. (More welds = more possible weld failures)
2-Heavy
3-Pricy

Air (exhaust) flow rule, a straight flow path is the best flow path.

Last edited:

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
H- more rumble “classic muscle car sound”
X- better flow more rasp “race car sound”

I have had x and H on different mustangs and prefer H pipe.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
I have the steeda h pipe on mine. With the active exhaust it was perfect for me. After my long tubes it is way to loud for me. Im going to put some sort of resonator back on.

Sponsored

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
I am running Borla on mine with long tubes. With the SwitchFire the exhaust sounds much smother and more throaty.
The design I believe is great!

It is. Completely different sound with the SwitchFire. I had an h pipe initially. Sounded terrible....high pitched and raspy as all get out. With the SwitchFire the tone is nice and deep with zero drone nor rasp. Best of both worlds. This is with the OE active exhaust on my GT. Borla did their homework on this one. Period.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Huh well depends on preference, the guy above my saying the H pipe sounded terrible is not my experience at all. Active exhaust with a Steeda H pipe makes me feel like my car sounds amazing and I don't have any desire at all to do anything more to it.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Huh well depends on preference, the guy above my saying the H pipe sounded terrible is not my experience at all. Active exhaust with a Steeda H pipe makes me feel like my car sounds amazing and I don't have any desire at all to do anything more to it.
Most H pipes I’ve heard sound good. Just heard one of the Borla switchfire x pipes and it didn’t sound bad.

Also, what sub did you upgrade your B&O system with?

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
I like my H pipe a lot. In the end I felt the sound needed cleaning up to remove some of the bark and mellow out the bass. Still, I would have been happy with just the H pipe, but the mod bug....well the mod bug

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like my H pipe a lot. In the end I felt the sound needed cleaning up to remove some of the bark and mellow out the bass. Still, I would have been happy with just the H pipe, but the mod bug....well the mod bug
always gets ya in the end, lol.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Nice! Did you replace the front mid speaker as well or no?
Just disconnect that. The dashboard center speaker really muddled things up, I unhooked it and drove around for two days testing it before I put everything back together and I loved it. Sounded like the car audio I was used to all my life.

There's a thread in the audio forum for that too that had a lot of discussion about it (something like improve the sound of your B&O system for free).

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Yup sound is subjective. I personally find the stock mufflers too tinny sounding once the resonator is removed so prefer full cat back solutions.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
@jd_cobra
Steeda H-Pipe
1-Quality built 304 Stainless
2-Lightweight.
3-Great sound with any OEM 18+ axle back.
4-Great price point

Borla Switchfire
1-Complicated maze of piping and welds. (More welds = more possible weld failures)
2-Heavy
3-Pricy

Air (exhaust) flow rule, a straight flow path is the best flow path.

The switchfire is only 3lbs heavier than an xpipe with stainless. Borla warrants the switchfire for life. I have had mine on my car for over 2 years with no issues.

The Switchfire with the Active exhaust sounds great!!! If I had active exhaust I never would switch it out with the Borla.
Sponsored