Sponsored

Stealth Hitch

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
Any idea if this will fit on a gt350
Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea if this will fit on a gt350
It all depends on whether the different valence/exhaust setup will cause interference issues. I would suggest you call Steve at Stealth Hitch directly and see what he says. Maybe a GT350 owner has already made the leap and reported back to him.

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
It all depends on whether the different valence/exhaust setup will cause interference issues. I would suggest you call Steve at Stealth Hitch directly and see what he says. Maybe a GT350 owner has already made the leap and reported back to him.
Cool! Thanks !

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I contacted stealth hitch and they said they don’t recommend pulling with it. They say it’s only for bike racks. I need to pull an approx 500 lb trailer with approx 75lb tongue weight to hardware store occasionally for wood and minor things. Does anyone know why they say no pulling?

That is my car. That is a Solo Performance Mach XV catback. Those loop pipes are there to cancel out drone -- and it must work because there's zero drone.

Before y'all start being asses, go to the beginning of this thread when I explained my car was the test mule. I have the very first Stealth Hitch prototype still. And it's for sale in the Atlanta area. :)
wildcatgoal, you still have one for sale?

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a stealth hitch on mine and have towed a single jet ski trailer and a small lawn trailer with a zero-turn mower with zero issues. My car was the prototype 2018 car which required changes from their 2015 prototype at the time. From their website for the mustang version of the hitch:

Stealth’s fully welded trailer hitch for the Ford Mustang is strong and durable with a Lifetime Guarantee. The combination of a stainless steel latch block and powder coat finish provides excellent rust protection allowing you to enjoy your eco-adventures and not worry about the function of your hitch.

The vehicle capacities with the Mustang trailer hitch are:

• 2,500 pounds - gross trailer weight (GTW)
  • 200 pounds - tongue weight (TW)
Stealth Hitches are designed to exceed vehicle capacities by a minimum of 50%. We list the vehicle capacities, not hitch capacities, to give our customers more meaningful data. Please confirm capacities with the vehicle owner’s manual.

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I have a stealth hitch on mine and have towed a single jet ski trailer and a small lawn trailer with a zero-turn mower with zero issues. My car was the prototype 2018 car which required changes from their 2015 prototype at the time. From their website for the mustang version of the hitch:

Stealth’s fully welded trailer hitch for the Ford Mustang is strong and durable with a Lifetime Guarantee. The combination of a stainless steel latch block and powder coat finish provides excellent rust protection allowing you to enjoy your eco-adventures and not worry about the function of your hitch.

The vehicle capacities with the Mustang trailer hitch are:

• 2,500 pounds - gross trailer weight (GTW)
  • 200 pounds - tongue weight (TW)
Stealth Hitches are designed to exceed vehicle capacities by a minimum of 50%. We list the vehicle capacities, not hitch capacities, to give our customers more meaningful data. Please confirm capacities with the vehicle owner’s manual.
the 2019 Mustang Manual recomends 1000LB maximum.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Thanks for the info kewlwinter. I wonder why they say not for towing now?

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info kewlwinter. I wonder why they say not for towing now?
I don't know. The site doesn't reflect that and neither does my personal experience with the hitch. I drove to their facility in Sugar Hill, GA from Palm Bay, FL on November 5, 2018 and they fitted their prototype on my car while I watched. From what I saw during the process, it is just as solid as the other hitch solutions out there for our cars.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don't know. The site doesn't reflect that and neither does my personal experience with the hitch. I drove to their facility in Sugar Hill, GA from Palm Bay, FL on November 5, 2018 and they fitted their prototype on my car while I watched. From what I saw during the process, it is just as solid as the other hitch solutions out there for our cars.
Could it be that they were talking about the “rack only” package?

Stealth Hitches offers a rack only package, a towing package and a combination tow and rack package. The same vehicle specific cross beam and vertical latching mechanism is used on all packages.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Any idea how much this thing weighs ? Saw 30lb somewhere earlier in this thread ?

Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Could it be that they were talking about the “rack only” package?

Stealth Hitches offers a rack only package, a towing package and a combination tow and rack package. The same vehicle specific cross beam and vertical latching mechanism is used on all packages.
Actually, I think you hit it on the head! When I was talking to Steve (owner) just prior to the install, I asked about what the difference was between the two options, because the receiver for the rack is exactly like the 1-1/4 you find on any standard hitch. The response was that the draw bar for towing is much heavier and since it is one piece from the socket to the ball, it doesn't introduce any slop from the fit or the pin like you get putting a standard draw bar into a receiver. So, I opted for the combo and let me tell you that tow draw bar is beefy and heavy.

Yakb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT premium, PP
This is the current ordering page for a 2016+ Mustang. While the tow option has gone away, there are two distinct PDFs for installing tow and rack hitches.
rackonly.PNG

Zenben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Can anybody provide a measurement of the clearance from the ground to the bottom of the hitch with the receiver installed? I'm curious about approach angles/ scraping on the driveway on a 2018 GT stock. I'm interested in attaching a Thule T2 Pro XT 2 bike hitch mount bike rack to a stealth hitch. The Thule rack tapers upward from its attachment point to the hitch, so I think the hitch receiver would be the lowest point of the setup. Thanks!

OP
OP
SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Any idea how much this thing weighs ? Saw 30lb somewhere earlier in this thread ?
It weighs a bit, 30 lbs seems like a light estimate. And that's not including the receiver, which is a heavy sucker. I just remember it was a bear holding that hitch up to get it in place to start threading the carriage bolts to hold it up.
Sponsored