OP

robewell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Stealth Edition
Sorry about the delayed response, had a lot going on and this is the first time I've had a spare minute to log in and check things out.

I did take my car in and they spent hours trying to figure it out. They eventually told me they would have to order a new module and the paperwork lists it as LR3Z*15604*B. I am assuming that is the BCM that you mentioned.

For lots of reasons, I have never been able to get back to the dealership to try and have them troubleshoot it again. After the initial appointment they said it would take about 6 weeks to order a new module. When it finally arrived I tried getting a better idea of them how long it would take. They were very vague with how long I would be leaving my car there. So I just haven't been back yet since I really can't afford to leave the car indefinitely. And since rental cars are still unavailable in my neck of the woods I don't know when I will go back.

After reading your issues, I am kinda glad I haven't gone back yet, since it seems like nobody really knows how to fix this yet. Any updates you get would be great to hear about. If they can figure yours out, I would be hopeful that it would be much easier to replicate for mine.

I am hoping things slow down a little after the first of the year so I can go back in and have them work on it. It isn't the end of the world, but if it is supposed to be working on the car, it should be working. I upgraded from an '04 Mustang, so nearly all of these fancy features were non existent on my last car. So I really want them to all work!
Sponsored

Eflo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eflo
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt convertible 2022 Ecoboost mustang
Sorry about the delayed response, had a lot going on and this is the first time I've had a spare minute to log in and check things out.

I did take my car in and they spent hours trying to figure it out. They eventually told me they would have to order a new module and the paperwork lists it as LR3Z*15604*B. I am assuming that is the BCM that you mentioned.

For lots of reasons, I have never been able to get back to the dealership to try and have them troubleshoot it again. After the initial appointment they said it would take about 6 weeks to order a new module. When it finally arrived I tried getting a better idea of them how long it would take. They were very vague with how long I would be leaving my car there. So I just haven't been back yet since I really can't afford to leave the car indefinitely. And since rental cars are still unavailable in my neck of the woods I don't know when I will go back.

After reading your issues, I am kinda glad I haven't gone back yet, since it seems like nobody really knows how to fix this yet. Any updates you get would be great to hear about. If they can figure yours out, I would be hopeful that it would be much easier to replicate for mine.

I am hoping things slow down a little after the first of the year so I can go back in and have them work on it. It isn't the end of the world, but if it is supposed to be working on the car, it should be working. I upgraded from an '04 Mustang, so nearly all of these fancy features were non existent on my last car. So I really want them to all work!
The dealership told me they will order another BCM. This will be the 3rd one they have tried on my car. Once it gets here and I go back I'll make sure to post any updates! I will also try to get the part number, for some reason they never add it on the service ticket.

Eflo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eflo
Vehicle(s)
Hello everyone!

I am a brand new Mustang owner for just under two weeks now. I have never owned a Mustang before and I don't think I have stopped smiling while driving it since I picked it up.

My question is for anyone that might also have the Stealth Edition, or has seen the Stealth edition in person. Everything that the package lists I seem to have. The black wheels, the black pony badges, the clear taillights. The one thing I see listed on the package that I can't see to figure out are the door sill plates. Ford's website shows that they should be "stealth lighted sill plates". I am not seeing that at all. When I open the doors they don't seem to light up at all.

I have an appointment scheduled with the dealership to take a look at it, but they are saying it is going to be three weeks before I can get it. I just wanted to double check that I wasn't missing something obvious about how to turn them on. I feel like I am still finding buttons and switches I missed.

Does anyone know if the stealth sill plates should still be illuminated like all of the other sill plates with the premium package? I tried to look online for pictures or videos of someone showing it off, but I have only been able to find a few stock photos that don't show them lit.

Thank you in advanced for any information that can be provided! I have attached a few photos to show what the plates look like if that helps.

Mustang1.jpg

Mustang2.jpg

Mustang3.jpg

Hiii
Did you ever get a chance to take your car in
?

OP
OP

robewell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
I have not had mine fixed yet. Both times going to the dealership they didn't install any sort of confidence in me that they knew how to fix it or how long I would have to leave it.

I have been thinking on going to a different dealership to see if they were any better.

I was actually getting ready to reply back to this thread to see if anyone else had updates. I am coming up on one year with the car and it is something I would really like to get taken care of. If yours was fixed, maybe I can have them look up that repair to know exactly what to do.

Sponsored

Eflo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eflo
Vehicle(s)
Did they ever get urs fixed?
I have not had mine fixed yet. Both times going to the dealership they didn't install any sort of confidence in me that they knew how to fix it or how long I would have to leave it.

I have been thinking on going to a different dealership to see if they were any better.

I was actually getting ready to reply back to this thread to see if anyone else had updates. I am coming up on one year with the car and it is something I would really like to get taken care of. If yours was fixed, maybe I can have them look up that repair to know exactly what to do.

I have not fixed mine yet either. I never took my car back after the first time. I honestly would recommend for you to take it elsewhere if you dont feel they can do the job. I felt the same way about my dealership after picking up my car when they tried fixing it. The dealership had it for a while, disassembled it, and did a crappy job reassembling it.

They did call me to see if I can drop it off and take a second look, but I dont trust them with it. I was also thinking of taking it somewhere else but I am not sure if I should just let it go. While they had my car I was told a ford engineer did go out and checked the car out but was unable to solve the problem, not sure how true that is now that I know how they treat cars there.

I didnt think this issue would be that hard to fix. :/

OP
OP

robewell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if anyone else got this resolved yet, but I thought I would post a final update.

After having a specific customer satisfaction program to reference (23B60), I scheduled an appointment to try and get this fixed. After about an hour of waiting they bring me out and said they were finished. I opened up the door and there was...nothing. I looked at the service advisor with a weird look. He said they had completed the update and this was it. It clearly wasn't fixed and for some reason nobody had a clue what it was supposed to look like. I thought this was standard on some of the Mustang trims for years???

Another hour and a half later they said it was fixed again and thankfully it was for real this time. Apparently they had to run the "software update" or whatever three times before it was fully updated. They said that even though their system said it was fully updated after the first time, each time they kept running it more updates were found. Eventually it didn't find anything else to update.

So it was about a 2.5 hour ordeal, but all things considered it could have been much worse. I was just happy to have it finally fixed. And It was a neat surprise to see that the color changes based on the interior color you have selected. I thought it would just glow white all of the time.

SillPlate.jpg

Eflo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eflo
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if anyone else got this resolved yet, but I thought I would post a final update.

After having a specific customer satisfaction program to reference (23B60), I scheduled an appointment to try and get this fixed. After about an hour of waiting they bring me out and said they were finished. I opened up the door and there was...nothing. I looked at the service advisor with a weird look. He said they had completed the update and this was it. It clearly wasn't fixed and for some reason nobody had a clue what it was supposed to look like. I thought this was standard on some of the Mustang trims for years???

Another hour and a half later they said it was fixed again and thankfully it was for real this time. Apparently they had to run the "software update" or whatever three times before it was fully updated. They said that even though their system said it was fully updated after the first time, each time they kept running it more updates were found. Eventually it didn't find anything else to update.

So it was about a 2.5 hour ordeal, but all things considered it could have been much worse. I was just happy to have it finally fixed. And It was a neat surprise to see that the color changes based on the interior color you have selected. I thought it would just glow white all of the time.

SillPlate.jpg

I never saw your reply! I came here to also update. I picked up my car today and it seems after the update the door sill are just white. But I'll double check later cause it's daytime and super bright out here so I can't mess with the MyColor settings lol. And just my opinion, the door sill plates are built extremely cheap! They feel like just some cheap-o plastic with cheap leds attached with tape. But anyway, rant over, I'm happy you got yours fixed!! there is hope. Lol I need to go back in a few days for the fuel line replacement. I'll probably have them do a second bcm update and see if that fixes the lighting. And also order me some new door sill plates cause look how they left the driver side (see pic) :(
Did you see the other recalls? I have attached a pic. Maybe the bcm update fixed one of them. The black pic is from LoJack and the other is from ford app.

Screenshot_20240327-104129_LoJack.jpg

Screenshot_20240327-124307_FordPass.jpg

20240327_115731.jpg

Eflo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eflo
Vehicle(s)

SillPlate.jpg
Also forgot to mention that water was coming inside my car via 3rd brake light. The top headliner was wet from the rear. My bf noticed the water stains and the dealer fixed that as well.
Sponsored