robewell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Stealth Edition
Hello everyone!

I am a brand new Mustang owner for just under two weeks now. I have never owned a Mustang before and I don't think I have stopped smiling while driving it since I picked it up.

My question is for anyone that might also have the Stealth Edition, or has seen the Stealth edition in person. Everything that the package lists I seem to have. The black wheels, the black pony badges, the clear taillights. The one thing I see listed on the package that I can't see to figure out are the door sill plates. Ford's website shows that they should be "stealth lighted sill plates". I am not seeing that at all. When I open the doors they don't seem to light up at all.

I have an appointment scheduled with the dealership to take a look at it, but they are saying it is going to be three weeks before I can get it. I just wanted to double check that I wasn't missing something obvious about how to turn them on. I feel like I am still finding buttons and switches I missed.

Does anyone know if the stealth sill plates should still be illuminated like all of the other sill plates with the premium package? I tried to look online for pictures or videos of someone showing it off, but I have only been able to find a few stock photos that don't show them lit.

Thank you in advanced for any information that can be provided! I have attached a few photos to show what the plates look like if that helps.

Mustang1.jpg

Mustang2.jpg

Mustang3.jpg
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Welcome to the forums.

From the Mustang Order Guide; it lists "Stealth Lighted Sill Plate" as well, confirming your thoughts.

Afraid I cannot offer more than that.

★Stealth Package
  • 19” X 8.5” Ebony Black-painted Aluminum Wheels
  • Stealth Lighted Sill Plate
  • Black Badge
  • Black Pony Grille
  • Performance Rear Wing
  • Black Mirror Caps
  • Clear LED Taillamps with Sequential Turn Signals
Note: Note:
Available on Fastback only (P8T)
Not available with 2.3L High Performance Package (67E), EcoBoost® Handling Package (60H), Black Accent Package (60G), Wheel & Stripe Package (60L), Coastal Limited Package (60P), Mustang Ice White Appearance Package (60R), “Over-the-Top” Racing Stripe (47A), Spoiler Delete (13D), or available wheels (64L or 649 )

Attachments

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
FWIW, I went through the Owner's Manual, looking for something regarding ambient lighting or anything relevant. Nothing seen.

But I did see two posts on the Internet of people complaining of same. One, a Fiesta group; the individual's car was practically brand new. Another, an Explorer, who also experienced failure.

With neither side working, it almost makes me wonder if they hooked them up.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
A "stealth" sill plate?

I'm not seeing the correlation from paper to unit; other than the only thought is, was the sill plate supposed to say "stealth" on it instead of just Mustang?

I mean maybe it's stealthy in the fact that it doesn't illuminate when looking at it, but when you turn your back it lights up.... :devil:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
All premium cars have the illuminated door sills so yours should too. Have you tried using “My Color” to change the color? Can’t hurt.

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
FWIW, I went through the Owner's Manual, looking for something regarding ambient lighting or anything relevant. Nothing seen.

But I did see two posts on the Internet of people complaining of same. One, a Fiesta group; the individual's car was practically brand new. Another, an Explorer, who also experienced failure.

With neither side working, it almost makes me wonder if they hooked them up.
Here's link to setting all the colors.i noticed that if you use my color and set 555 it turns everything black.so make sure you aren't in my color and reset your colors and see if it light a up the sill.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I thought "Stealth Edition" was:
you park your car, go to bed, wake up and Mustang is gone. 😢:giggle:

OP
OP

robewell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate everyone's thoughts and suggestions. I tried playing around with the MyColors and changed everything to a nice bright red. Everything changed that was supposed to except the sill plates.

So I guess I will have to wait for the dealer to take a look at it. I feel better at least knowing for sure it wasn't something obvious that I was missing! I would have hated to wait 3 weeks to go in for the appointment and have them push a button for me!

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Maybe that's exactly what "stealth sill plates" is supposed to mean. After all, wouldn't ligthing up be the very opposite of the concept of stealth? 🤔 😁

On a more serious note, they should be always on in whatever colour is set for the ambient light. I can't turn mine off. Even when I turn the ambient light feature off the sill plates continue to illuminate.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Agree with vlad,my sill plates are controlled by Ambien light colors,and when you turn ambient off sill is still lit up.so my bet is there dark on purpose

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate everyone's thoughts and suggestions. I tried playing around with the MyColors and changed everything to a nice bright red. Everything changed that was supposed to except the sill plates.

So I guess I will have to wait for the dealer to take a look at it. I feel better at least knowing for sure it wasn't something obvious that I was missing! I would have hated to wait 3 weeks to go in for the appointment and have them push a button for me!
Rob, checkout this video. It shows you what the non illuminated plates look like (you have the illuminated plates) and how easy it is for you to pull them out. This way you can check to see if they are wired before bring it to the dealer.

OP
OP

robewell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the video. I was able to remove the sill plates and they seem to be connected properly. I didn't venture any further up the door since the guy in the video seemed to have an issue getting the weather striping back in place.

I also checked for any blown fuses but came up empty there. 😞

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
OP needs to post pics of his ride, love the blacked out look.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the video. I was able to remove the sill plates and they seem to be connected properly. I didn't venture any further up the door since the guy in the video seemed to have an issue getting the weather striping back in place.

I also checked for any blown fuses but came up empty there. 😞
Well at least you know you have lighted plates. Since the car is under warranty best bet is to let the dealer handle it. Hopefully it is something simple like turning on a code in the electronics.