Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Typo. Meant lights or leds
There are only two types of door sill plates, illuminated or not. Totally different style. OP has the illuminated ones. They are wired and connected. They just don't work. Either a harness wire or a programing issue (there doesn't appear to be a separate fuse just for the sill plates). Hopefully the latter as it will be much easier to fix.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Nice ride, thanks. Just paint those calipers black and install black lugs, that will top it off perfectly.

Eflo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eflo
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt convertible 2022 Ecoboost mustang
Hello everyone!

I am a brand new Mustang owner for just under two weeks now. I have never owned a Mustang before and I don't think I have stopped smiling while driving it since I picked it up.

My question is for anyone that might also have the Stealth Edition, or has seen the Stealth edition in person. Everything that the package lists I seem to have. The black wheels, the black pony badges, the clear taillights. The one thing I see listed on the package that I can't see to figure out are the door sill plates. Ford's website shows that they should be "stealth lighted sill plates". I am not seeing that at all. When I open the doors they don't seem to light up at all.

I have an appointment scheduled with the dealership to take a look at it, but they are saying it is going to be three weeks before I can get it. I just wanted to double check that I wasn't missing something obvious about how to turn them on. I feel like I am still finding buttons and switches I missed.

Does anyone know if the stealth sill plates should still be illuminated like all of the other sill plates with the premium package? I tried to look online for pictures or videos of someone showing it off, but I have only been able to find a few stock photos that don't show them lit.

Thank you in advanced for any information that can be provided! I have attached a few photos to show what the plates look like if that helps.

Mustang1.jpg

Mustang2.jpg

Mustang3.jpg
Hi! I have the exact car as you, got it in August 2022! I also have the same problem with the door sills. Ambient lighting all works but the door sills never turned on. I currently have my car in the dealership and they cannot figure out what is wrong. They finally were able to look at it and tried changing the BCM, but that did not work. Have you gotten a chance to take your car in? I have to wait until Monday for them to work on it again since they are off for the weekend. Mechanic also contacted Ford and they're waiting for their "advice". At this point I just feel like giving up on the door sills and get my car back. It's originally in for a broken headlight (came broken from the manufacturer). Anyway, let me know if you were able to fix yours. Thanks!:)

IMG_4776.jpg

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It’s “stealth” it’s not supposed to be illuminated, otherwise what’s the point in it being “stealth”? 😂 🙃

Tell them to go into the As Built and turn it on, it’s probably coded to off - if they have checked BCM and all wiring to it.

Eflo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eflo
Vehicle(s)
It’s “stealth” it’s not supposed to be illuminated, otherwise what’s the point in it being “stealth”? 😂 🙃

Tell them to go into the As Built and turn it on, it’s probably coded to off - if they have checked BCM and all wiring to it.

I thought that too at first but then on the description is does say
  • Stealth Lighted Sill Plate
And ford said it should turn on when dealer called.
I honestly feel ford half assed my car. It also has the broken headlight. Paint job isn't the greatest either. Spoiler seems to be a metallic dark grey color (almost black) in comparison to the car. Not sure if this is how it's supposed to look like. Hopefully OP replies and has some input. But I'll let the dealer know to look into the coding. I feel they don't really know anything either just frustrated since this is my "upgrade" after driving my 00 mustang gt for 12 years. Nothing but little annoying issues my old car never gave me.

Thanks for the input!

Delusioned

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yea, I would bet they are just turned off from the factory. Technically they are the light up door sills, just in stealth mode lol. You can enable them yourself using Forscan or the dealership should be able to. Here is the info:

Module to program: BCMB
Line to reprogram: 7B7-01-01
Existing code: 0040 0000 00
Desired code: 0042 0000 02

Eflo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eflo
Vehicle(s)
Yea, I would bet they are just turned off from the factory. Technically they are the light up door sills, just in stealth mode lol. You can enable them yourself using Forscan or the dealership should be able to. Here is the info:

Thank you so much for that! Will pass this on to the mechanic. They still have my car, might as well have them do it.

Sponsored

Eflo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eflo
Vehicle(s)
That's an oxymoron. They should make up their mind.
Like these guys here:

288621002_4951192408337168_6020864269019407884_n.jpg

HAHA! >.< Yeah, Ford's help line is also confused at this point saying they should turn on >.>

Eflo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eflo
Vehicle(s)

They told me this now :'(

SmartSelect_20221205_100900_Messages.png

Delusioned

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Wow, Ford really just dropped the ball here then. Sorry to hear, hopefully they can get it fixed for you.

Eflo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eflo
Vehicle(s)
Well updates from my mechanic: Now they will try to do an ambient lighting calibration that is available within the BCM. Don't really know what that means (reset?), I am trying to keep up with them but they lost me already. lol
Sponsored