Sponsored

Standalone FI guys...whatcha running?

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang D1X GT, 2018 GT350, '17 Turbo Silverado, '99 Turbo Integra
Hey guys, in the process of a build. Initially I was going to run a haltech 2500 system, but I think Haltech may have discontinued their plug and play setup for the s550. Given I'd prefer not to hardwire the car, wondering what others run? I've looked at both AEM Infinity and a Fuel Tech FT600 system. I don't have experience with either so wanted to look for any words of wisdom.
Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey guys, in the process of a build. Initially I was going to run a haltech 2500 system, but I think Haltech may have discontinued their plug and play setup for the s550. Given I'd prefer not to hardwire the car, wondering what others run? I've looked at both AEM Infinity and a Fuel Tech FT600 system. I don't have experience with either so wanted to look for any words of wisdom.
AEM infinity only works for GEN 1 cars, to get a gen two to work there is a lot of sensors and things to change to fool the AEM unit into thinking it's a gen 1, not worth it IMO.

I think for the 15-17 the only system that available to you is the MoTEC. It does come plug and play if you by the harness. Look around you can find them online. If you don't want to fool with it, send your car to fathouse fab, and they will hook it up for you.

I haven't seen anything for the 18+ cars yet unless you want to get rid of the DI or Port injection. None of them have outputs for both.

Quest for you, Is the FT600 system compatible with a GEN 2 ? Haven't seen anyone run those on a coyote.

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEM infinity only works for GEN 1 cars, to get a gen two to work there is a lot of sensors and things to change to fool the AEM unit into thinking it's a gen 1, not worth it IMO.

I think for the 15-17 the only system that available to you is the MoTEC. It does come plug and play if you by the harness. Look around you can find them online. If you don't want to fool with it, send your car to fathouse fab, and they will hook it up for you.

I haven't seen anything for the 18+ cars yet unless you want to get rid of the DI or Port injection. None of them have outputs for both.

Quest for you, Is the FT600 system compatible with a GEN 2 ? Haven't seen anyone run those on a coyote.
Well shit, not what I was wanting to hear lmao. The premium on motec is crazy. I havenā€™t seen anyone running fuel tech TBH.

I guess Iā€™ll get on trying to find a vendor with a haltech system šŸ˜‚

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I'm pretty sure Holley has either an HP or Domintor setup that will work on the Coyote platform.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Terminator X is the best option dollar for dollar.

My issue with the Holley is lack of some of the advanced features. The setup will be going on a 1500hp setup so I do want ease of control over some of those parameters.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Terminator X is the best option dollar for dollar.
Pretty counterintuitive considering the Terminator X has the least number of options. Standalone EFI and cheap, does not go hand in hand. The people that do it are running serious combos and serious combos are not cheap. That is exactly why no one does a cheap EFI setup on a boosted S550.

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
th
Well shit, not what I was wanting to hear lmao. The premium on motec is crazy. I havenā€™t seen anyone running fuel tech TBH.

I guess Iā€™ll get on trying to find a vendor with a haltech system šŸ˜‚
Sai Li runs Fuel Tech and his cars are fast. His price to install the FT was very reasonable.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
th
Sai Li runs Fuel Tech and his cars are fast. His price to install the FT was very reasonable.
What's the charge looking like. Can the FT600 control DI? it say it can do up to 32 with an optional module. 24 Natively... thems a lot of injectors

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Also curious about di control. Thereā€™s so much more to controlling it than pfi.

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Stock ecu is fine for what your doing

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock ecu is fine for what your doing
Going for 7's and 1500whp, launching off a transbrake and nitrous? Id much rather have the bump/transbrake, boost control, nitrous control, launch and traction control an aftermarket system has.

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also curious about di control. Thereā€™s so much more to controlling it than pfi.
Yes. DI is a different beast. Learned that the hard way turboing a brand new DI platform no one seemed to be able to tune for.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes. DI is a different beast. Learned that the hard way turboing a brand new DI platform no one seemed to be able to tune for.
Would you consider plugging the Di ports and running PI only?
Dual Fuel seems like a great way to make a very potent setup.
Really can't run anything like that without a standalone.
Sponsored