Spotless Rinse

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
From a review

" The resin costs $110 every time you exchange it through the CR Spotless resin exchange program. If you wash your car once a week as I do, the true cost is around $1500 a year ($400 for the unit and then $1100 a year in resin). At this price, I could pay to have my truck repainted every 4 years. "
Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Cartridges only yield 400 gallons. This conversion kit ups that to 4000 gallons.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
@marklboris, do you have any concern over such a large amount of energy stored in one spot? I know lithium batteries, if damaged, can explode. They are working on safer lithium batteries, but as far as I know, that technology isn't available in the market yet.
Tom, never thought about the batteries catching on fire or getting damaged. I guess that is a thing but Tesla PowerWalls are very very common here in CA. Several of my family members, friends, neighbors have them and work like a charm. They stay cool and quiet when running and charging. Next to my solar system I would not want to live in a home without them.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Tom, never thought about the batteries catching on fire or getting damaged. I guess that is a thing but Tesla PowerWalls are very very common here in CA. Several of my family members, friends, neighbors have them and work like a charm. They stay cool and quiet when running and charging. Next to my solar system I would not want to live in a home without them.
Plus think of the energy savings roasting your hot dogs with the free heat if they do. Win-Win i see no loss here.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
From a review

" The resin costs $110 every time you exchange it through the CR Spotless resin exchange program. If you wash your car once a week as I do, the true cost is around $1500 a year ($400 for the unit and then $1100 a year in resin). At this price, I could pay to have my truck repainted every 4 years. "
That's bullshit. 1 cu ft of raw resin is about 330$ from CR spotless website which is a rip off and it can be found cheaper than that. You want virgin mixed bed DI resin. Check out Dirinse.com. 215$ for a cubic foot of resin.

Resin link:
https://dirinse.com/product/1-cubic-foot-of-d-i-resin/

Less than half a cubic foot fills both DI-20 canisters and easily lasts a year doing two vehicles + the house / windows and using 5 gallons a week for aquarium water changes.

Most power washers have an Output of 1.5-2 gallons per minute. It shouldn't take you more than a few mins to rinse the whole car off, Using a maximum of 10 gallons per rinse if you rinse for 5-6 minutes.

If you haven't yet ditch the internal cartridges and pick up some of the Down tube upgrades. They make the resin last longer and the blue tanks hold more of it.

Downtube link: https://dirinse.com/product/double-down-tube-kit/

The amount of time your cartridges last depends on how high the PPM of your inlet water is. The higher the PPM the shorter the resin life and vice versa.

CRSpotless_Water_Chart (1).jpg

Last edited:

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
That's bullshit. 1 cu ft of raw resin is about 330$ from CR spotless website which is a rip off and it can be found cheaper than that. You want virgin mixed bed DI resin. Check out Dirinse.com. 215$ for a cubic foot of resin.

Resin link:
https://dirinse.com/product/1-cubic-foot-of-d-i-resin/

Less than half a cubic foot fills both DI-20 canisters and easily lasts a year doing two vehicles + the house / windows and using 5 gallons a week for aquarium water changes.

Most power washers have an Output of 1.5-2 gallons per minute. It shouldn't take you more than a few mins to rinse the whole car off, Using a maximum of 10 gallons per rinse if you rinse for 5-6 minutes.

If you haven't yet ditch the internal cartridges and pick up some of the Down tube upgrades. They make the resin last longer and the blue tanks hold more of it.

Downtube link: https://dirinse.com/product/double-down-tube-kit/

The amount of time your cartridges last depends on how high the PPM of your inlet water is. The higher the PPM the shorter the resin life and vice versa.

CRSpotless_Water_Chart (1).jpg
pretty sure that's what i posted lol

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think its a great idea. But the amount a lithium ion battery stores is immense. I saw a documentary on lithium ion battery technology and it was extremely interesting. The push now is to make them safer as opposed to more power capacity.

One part of the program is where they intentionally damaged a cell, and holy crap, the explosion was quite intense and long lived.

I think its a great Idea. collect power all day and store it in a huge array and use it at night.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Dr. N. - Many thanks for both links. I hadn't seen a down tube setup for this rig but it makes perfect sense since all the full-size softener/filter setups use the same idea.

I will be converting mine when the resin needs replaced. I'm betting I get a hundred or more DI vehicle rinses which around here would equate to a minimum of six months so even if I have to recharge twice a year, it's well worth it for me. Dialing back the pressure washer to about a quarter of normal pressure/water output and, only using the DI water for the last rinse, will maximize resin conservation. I love the darn thing.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Dr. N. - Many thanks for both links. I hadn't seen a down tube setup for this rig but it makes perfect sense since all the full-size softener/filter setups use the same idea.

I will be converting mine when the resin needs replaced. I'm betting I get a hundred or more DI vehicle rinses which around here would equate to a minimum of six months so even if I have to recharge twice a year, it's well worth it for me. Dialing back the pressure washer to about a quarter of normal pressure/water output and, only using the DI water for the last rinse, will maximize resin conservation. I love the darn thing.
They definitely are great. Nothing like watching a black vehicle dry itself spot free in the sun.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
You don't even need to dry when using this, right?
Nope. Just watch the vehicle dry and drink your beer 🍺.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
<chuckling> That is true, Tom but me thinks they were referring to the "force" of the "air" not the service. Pretty sure Uncle Sam wouldn't allow that trademark breach. ;-)

Yep, the espresso machine is 3500w and BION, it's still 120v. The next step up would be 240. I pulled a home run for that but haven't upgraded to a bigger machine because this one just keeps on ticking and it makes THE best espresso in town, IMHO. <knocking on nearby wood>
Wow KB, I have one of those too (Master Blaster) and what I really like about it is it removes the water from all the places you cannot dry (behind trim, mirrors, body panels, etc.).

Ok, this is way off topic but I have to know what brand espresso machine you have? I am thinking of buying a Breville Oracle Touch but still doing a bit of research.

IMG_4740.jpeg

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Mark: I haven't mounted my MB as I only have the standard hose but I like your setup more better. Might have to get that hose. :cool:

As for the espresso machine, it's an Elektra A3 "Sixties" model that is about seventeen years old and I'm pretty sure it's no longer made. The machine in the link is an Elektra A1 and it's identical to mine, at least on the outside, but mine has an old school, big, fat Oh En / Oh Eff Eff switch where the row of switches are on the A1. It's a single boiler, heat exchanger unit.

This is my third or fourth machine, I can't recall for sure but it has been extremely reliable and pulls killer shots. My favorite beans are from Josuma Coffee and they're called Malabar Gold. Best beans I've ever tried and they yield by far the best crema. Grinder is a Mazzer Mini.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mark: I haven't mounted my MB as I only have the standard hose but I like your setup more better. Might have to get that hose. :cool:

As for the espresso machine, it's an Elektra A3 "Sixties" model that is about seventeen years old and I'm pretty sure it's no longer made. The machine in the link is an Elektra A1 and it's identical to mine, at least on the outside, but mine has an old school, big, fat Oh En / Oh Eff Eff switch where the row of switches are on the A1. It's a single boiler, heat exchanger unit.

This is my third or fourth machine, I can't recall for sure but it has been extremely reliable and pulls killer shots. My favorite beans are from Josuma Coffee and they're called Malabar Gold. Best beans I've ever tried and they yield by far the best crema. Grinder is a Mazzer Mini.
Thanks for the info and I will check it out.
Sponsored